Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gorbys

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 princess~nini

i heard that gorbys was really young at the weekend?
    anyone venture in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Joeface

Gorby's bloody hell that takes me back back to my youth in college , CIT ELX2 1996-1998 i think ..its all a blur

Worked there for a short spell.... Use to go there a nite in Rosey's or the "ORIGNAL SMOKEY ATMOSPHERE IN NANCY" or else the Gropevine .. I mean grapevine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tragedyman1978

God no wonder I am such a pisshead these days !
    I used to live between Nancys and Gorbys.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I was in Gorbeys there on Freshers week for the first time ever.Any place that has 2 euro vodkas is fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

New Gorby's is only Over-23s on Fridays and it's aimed at students the other 6.

I loved Gorbys incl 2 floors with Kaos on Tue/Thur. I was in there about 4 nights a week. Started off in Mollys / Rosies / The Factory / Crannog / Leboskis / Preachers / Crazy Horse and later on the Goat.

All you had to do was reverse into a guy on the dancefloor and bingo score. Sigh if only things were so easy now :)

The song that always reminds me of Kaos - Ball & Chain
    Gorbys - Brown Eyed Girl, The Day we caught the Train and Stuck in the Middle with You!!

I thought drinks promos were illegal now? I loved Woodies too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Kazbah wrote:
    All you had to do was reverse into a guy on the dancefloor and bingo score. Sigh if only things were so easy now :)

Yeah yeah yeah, all you girls knew it too, so the rest of us poor guys just chilled in Gorbys trying to dance in the hopes of being molested, and nine times out of ten, it actually worked.
    Kazbah wrote:
    The song that always reminds me of Kaos - Ball & Chain
    Gorbys - Brown Eyed Girl, The Day we caught the Train and Stuck in the Middle with You!!

I remember those too! They were strange songs for any nightclub to play, especially Brown Eyed Girl. A huge one in there was Alternate - You're free, Boom Shake the Room, and of course, Men in Black. Weird weird music. Great fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭laura l

Do they still throw woodshavings on the floor for spilt drink etc.?

Is Stevie Wong on the door?
    Is the Qube still open then as usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ahhhhhhhhh Stevie Wong ha ha ha!!! :D

God I wish it was '98/'99 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Clare Bear wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhh Stevie Wong ha ha ha!!! :D

Steve is most recently seen bouncing outside Fast Eddies. Another gem from Gorby's that popped into my head last night ... Gala's Free from Desire!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

My love has got no money, He's got his strong beliefs, Freed from desire Mind and senses purified, Freed from desire, Nanana...:D

Ahhhhhhh :)

Erase & Rewind by the Cardigans
    Young Hearts Run Free - Romeo & Juliet soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

I went there on Friday night! Was plastered drunk and managed to lose my camera, , Was soo upset, ended up leaving and headed home.

However on Sat , I contacted John from Gorbys and someone had handed in my camera!!! Still come honest people around!!!

Whoo hoo !!! Love Gorbys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I went there friday night too. Always hated the place and then i remembered one of the main reasons why. People constantly spill my drink, is this just me or what ? Also some girl grabbed me at the end of the night which was always the good part of gorbys but she was wearing a wedding ring !:confused: This is something i never had to check for before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Steve hasn't worked in Fast Eddies in ages, he's gorbys and qube. Go to qube every friday night, know all the bouncers so just walk in with whoever I'm with, no 18 year old knackers around - lots of hot foreign women around, great music and no long waits for drink. Best club by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

never been to the qube much, I'll have it check it out when i'm at home next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Roar wrote: »
    i was in there last night for gorby's original..

it was bloody awful

arrived at 12, the place was already overfull, the bar is now a smoking room (wtf like), the new bar is in the worst location possible, the music was too loud (maybe i'm getting old, but bloody hell the music was so loud all it was was a load of white noise), the dj was shouting stupid things like "remember the frank and walters" over the intro to after all (remember them? they only released a new album less than 12 months ago).. the queue at the bar was about 5 or 6 deep, so i imagine it would take about 20 minutes to get a drink...

gorby's original? pffffft

I went last Sunday, full of students, and even though it was only €2 for vodka and diet coke, there was hardly any queue for the bar, the dance floor was half empty so we were going nuts, dancing like crazy people... the smoking room is a great addition I think, it really brought me back to the old days :)
    You're getting old, and grumpy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Still haven't managed to go up yet. Queues have been bull**** everytime we've felt like going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Well at least they are phasing out the 2euro vodkas in November.Im sick of the fact that you have to start queing at 10 to even get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

i heard that gorbys was really young at the weekend?
    anyone venture in?

It was a bit young on Sat night but not too bad once you had a gang together, which we did. It was BRILLIANT. Brought back so many memories - it was class. And ALL the same staff - how did they manage that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Stevie Wong is still on d door, had a great chat with him, he remembered me! :O

Advertisement