Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reducing the phone bill - options

• 23-09-2007 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Ok i really need to start saving some cash and have reliased im spending stupid money on my phone bills.

So as my contract is out with Vodaphone im moving to PAYG.

I see there are some apps for free texts (this is where most of my credit goes), what are they called and whats the best one to get?Whats the benefits etc of each one and can thy be used in the Uk and Ireland (i spend a lot of time in England).

Im thinking of going to meteor and taking the 5c meteor calls option (if I have the free texts) as although i hardly ever ring anyone, most people i ring are meteor and this could save me a packet.

Are these the best options to take or are there cheaper options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can't have both the 5c Meteor Calls and the Free Texts. It's one or the other on PaYG. On the Talk 60, which is 20e a month, you get 60 minutes, free texts and once you go over your 60mins, you're 5c a min for Meteor. That's the only way to get them both.

I believe that O2 allow you to send webtexts internationally, though their site isn't supposed to be the most reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

By free texts tough I ment using AFT, which is as good as free or 1-2c a text. Then by signing up for 5cent calls I hope to spend less than 20euro a month, although that Talk 60 offer looks decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If you do decide to go for the T60, just make sure you specify the Free Texts version of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brian guilfoyl

i'm with o2 and send 250 free webtexts a month to int numbers free and also signed up for bundles for a €10 a month for 150 texts from phone]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Also whats better and cheaper, AFT or Voipbuster?

• Advertisement
Advertisement