Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

R32 upgarde

Options
  • 23-09-2007 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

hey iv a 1.4 16v 99 3dr golf im thinking of buying a r32 kit and a pair of r32 17 inch alloys.. what do ye guys think would this really make the car stand out?? i know its only 1.4 but im only 19 so have plenty of time to be getting a more powerful car. so do ye think it would be wont the hassle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Check around some of the mk4 sites. I've seen it been done quite a bit. Might be bit harder now to source the kit unless you get it from a VW dealer. Just don't have an r32 badge anywhere in sight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Heres the wheels(not cheap) and Here is the full body kit.
    As su_dios said don't put an R32 badge on, your 19 but its still not an excuse;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Vain wrote:
    hey iv a 1.4 16v 99 3dr golf im thinking of buying a r32 kit and a pair of r32 17 inch alloys.. what do ye guys think would this really make the car stand out?? i know its only 1.4 but im only 19 so have plenty of time to be getting a more powerful car. so do ye think it would be wont the hassle?

R32 kit on a 1.4? Wouldnt bother with the Kit, the wheels alone would make it stand out if you really have to. With a 1.4 motor pushing it, unless you are making things lighter, I wouldnt bother spending money to change anything on it. Save it for your next car.

Presumably the only reason you have the 1.4 is to get on the car ladder, its not something you are going to keep, so why invest in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Matt Simis wrote:
    R32 kit on a 1.4? Wouldnt bother with the Kit, the wheels alone would make it stand out if you really have to. With a 1.4 motor pushing it, unless you are making things lighter, I wouldnt bother spending money to change anything on it. Save it for your next car.

Presumably the only reason you have the 1.4 is to get on the car ladder, its not something you are going to keep, so why invest in it?

sound advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

I was considering doing this myself. I think the R32 body looks great and it really does make it stand out from other Golf's IMO. There's a good chance that I may get a Golf in the next few months and if I do I will defenitley be looking for an R32 kit. What colour is your car?

How long are you planning on keeping the car? If it's only for a few months then I wouldn't do it but if it's 6 months or more then go for it.

But whatever you do DON'T get an R32 badge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

tdc wrote:
    I was considering doing this myself. I think the R32 body looks great and it really does make it stand out from other Golf's IMO. There's a good chance that I may get a Golf in the next few months and if I do I will defenitley be looking for an R32 kit. What colour is your car?

How long are you planning on keeping the car? If it's only for a few months then I wouldn't do it but if it's 6 months or more then go for it.

But whatever you do DON'T get an R32 badge!

il be keeping my golf for at least 2 years i say.. mines red 3dr mk4.. y does everyone say dont hav a r32 badge i wasnt goin to put one on it just woundin y? where im from there is no golfs around with an r32 kit so if i do it i think it will really turn heads.. when i do the work on it in the next few months il post pics to keep an update to see what ye think

Vain wrote:
    il be keeping my golf for at least 2 years i say.. mines red 3dr mk4.. y does everyone say dont hav a r32 badge i wasnt goin to put one on it just woundin y? where im from there is no golfs around with an r32 kit so if i do it i think it will really turn heads.. when i do the work on it in the next few months il post pics to keep an update to see what ye think
    just its widely considered that if you put top of the line badges on a base model youre a bit of a tosser. the r32 kit would look great but theres no point in pretending that its something its not:)

i actually saw a genuine mk4 r32 today, red and all! uk reg though, looked great!

let us know how you get on, keep us updated with prices, pictures, etc.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

do not put anything bigger than 17" alloys, i did it to my old golf, put 19" on it and the power loss was very noticable,it loses power, engine cannot take the torque.

sorry to bring up an old thread but just wondering did you put the kit on? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

tdc wrote: »
    sorry to bring up an old thread but just wondering did you put the kit on? :)

No in the end i didnt go ahead with it.. Broke my hand so was out of work for a while so couldnt be spending money on doin my car up.. Back on my feet now and have bought a gti 25th anniversary kit instead of the r32 kit.. Still waiting for it in the post shouldnt be two long now. Im still going ahead with the 17inch mk5r32 replica alloys.. Iv a new thread started on this about two weeks ago which i will be updating as i do stuff to my car

• Advertisement
Advertisement