Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diving Question

• 23-09-2007 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong section but anyway i'll ask the question

Me and one of the lads have just started diving and are looking for somewhere suitable to dive. We're only looking for somewhere wit a relatively small and safe place to jump. We're based in the south east and ideally somwhere around there would suit but we don't mind travelling.

Obviously we've been to the guillameans in tramore but we're looking for somwhere else to jump... nowhere i suppose higher than 5 - 10 m jumps

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dave_r

The hook peninsula has some shore dives. To avoid being swept away by any tidal races or currents I would contact Hook Sub Aqua Club first and ask for their advice. They are a very helpful and knowlegeable group of people about diving in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

I think what the OP wants to do is cliff jumping, but I could be wrong??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

testicle wrote:
    I think what the OP wants to do is cliff jumping, but I could be wrong??

Sounds like it all right.

OP, I don't know anything about this, but maybe post another thread in the Extreme Sports forum, somebody there might be able to assist?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Can't say I'd be a fan af a 10m cliff jump with full tank & weights..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

there are some nice jumps in Roches point in cork, if you can get some of the locals to show you where to jump from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭lassykk

thanks for the advice everyone... don't mind whether its a cliff dive or a diving board into the ocean (like what was in the guillameanes in the past). Will look into the hook penisula as its relatively close to home and its a beautiful area even for just a spin anyway.

we went to graignemanagh in kilkenny and there are diving boards there into the river... Not massive jumps but good spring in the boards and the water is deep enough to dive safely.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

if youre around dublin behind bullock harbour in dalkey theres a nice place to jump but it would be hard enough to work out where to go and how to get back up without someone whos been there before...

Advertisement