Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

live music

• 23-09-2007 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

tbh from what I've seen from derry the music scene is pretty damn stale,

Bound for Boston: its ethier the same house band which where ok/so-so the first time I seen them but at this stage rag me or its open mic night which is hit and miss.

Sandinos: the music played downstairs isnt bad but they never really have any decent local bands on stage for my liking, Thou I did see a decent reggie band last sunday there.

Masons: never appealed to me much

Nerve: A few tribute bands but nothing that has attracted me to go

Suggestions please I like most kinds of rock, prefer the chilled stuff but dont mind some harder stuff. When I was living in belfast it was thriving with live local bands most nights of the week in places like, empire, auntie annies, the bunker etc. Any1 point me towards the same kinda thing in Derry

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

im on the same boat.. there is feck all in derry.. nerve centre is probably the best place for bands and live music... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

yeah, u seen the fecking state of it too, proclaimers and a slipknot tribute band cringe :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Would love to open a rock bar in the city. Nothing big, just something that resembles a rock bar I found in the red light district in amsterdam. It had a whole wall full of records, dvds, cds, and cassettes along the back wall. Go in and ask for anything you want and they play it. Like a jukebox without paying.
    And I think i'd showcase a lot of the live acts up and coming in the town. But it would be a tough audition to get to play there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

do it to **** derry needs it badly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

If I had the backing right now I would, but though i've seen bars going in england for £150k, it would cost at least half a million here to open a bar or even just take one over :(. Even a small one like downstairs in sandino's would cost over quarter of a million :( (though that would actually be a decent size to do this in).

• Advertisement
Advertisement