Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would I make a instant change on a website with HTML coding

Options
  • 23-09-2007 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

How would I make a instant change on a website with HTML coding, a good example is www.neopets.com. (Ex. On credit websites when you click buy it will automaticly take away so many credit points, and give you an upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

tecno40 wrote:
    How would I make a instant change on a website with HTML coding

What do you mean by an instant change? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I think he means that the said site is where you create a character and get credits for doing certain tasks etc. etc. These credits can then be used to buy items for your characters, and once you click on the item to buy your credits are deducted by the item price.

I'm thinking he's looking into moving from static (html) to dynamic webpages with databases (PHP/SQL/javascript).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Cremo wrote:
    I'm thinking he's looking into moving from static (html) to dynamic webpages with databases (PHP/SQL/javascript).

That's what it sounds like to me,

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

As above, not sure exactly what you're asking for here, but if you want parts of a page to update quickly without re-loading the whole page, google for something called "AJAX". Basically, it's a technique lets "parts of the page" send data back to the server, and update themselves without the whole page being re-requested and re-loaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tecno40

Cremo wrote:
    I think he means that the said site is where you create a character and get credits for doing certain tasks etc. etc. These credits can then be used to buy items for your characters, and once you click on the item to buy your credits are deducted by the item price.

Yeah that's pretty much it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement