Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Use your mirrors...

Options
  • 23-09-2007 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

When i did my driving test about 15 years ago I didn't get why I had to keep "checking" my mirrors.

You look forward by default.

Please use your mirrors. Worst driving offense ever...

Look behind you at all times..and beside you....

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Near miss?!

The number of peeps driving about with mirrors folded against the door is staggering. Its not an ornament.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

"Use it or lose it"
    Some motorcycle couriers won't hesitate to smash your mirror off if you do something stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In the sticks this is not a problem! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 equaliser

I drive and sometimes cycle and know the benefit of looking in left mirror on left turns from both perspectives.

Em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

micmclo wrote:
    "Use it or lose it"
    Some motorcycle couriers won't hesitate to smash your mirror off if you do something stupid.
    We can now dispense with the Garda Traffic Corps and have the motorcycle couriers, who seem to be above the law anyway, hand out rough street justice as they see fit.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'm amazed how many times I get into a car and find the wind mirrors adjusted arse ways.

I set mine up like this about a year ago and once you get over the change in a few days, you will never turn back. Guaranteed no blind spots

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Nice one Lex, I use a setup almost identical but I allow a slight overlap.
    I find the continuity of field-of-vision to be more natural.

Advertisement