Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent PSU

Options
  • 23-09-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of, or can recommend a silent PSU? I'd ideally like one that is passively cooled that is totally silent but there doesn't seem to be many sites stocking these from what I can see. Also, if I'm sticking my system in something like - http://www3.hardwareversand.de/8VJ7GtfWFR9MAk/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=6409&agid=635, and having a little overclock, then will I have serious heat issues? Has anyone done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Not sure i'd trust a fanless PSU....

Just go for a good quality quiet one. Tagan or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Thanks for the replies and links lads.
    Yeh that Zalman 850W looks good but is too expensive and overkill for my uses. I might check out the Corsair VX450 on that comparison list. I've got a Tagan 580W and it's always been absolutely rock solid, but now that I want to put it in a small case up on my desk I find that it's the main noise source in my system.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Corsair HX620 is a pretty darn quiet PSU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

nibble wrote:
    Corsair HX620 is a pretty darn quiet PSU.

Have to agree, I have one myself. And its the quietest component in my system. Awesome cables too. Makes it so easy.

Advertisement