Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's talk about banning.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

cson wrote:
    Personally I'd imagine most users on this board would say that it would be a troll if say that user had only a double digit post count <100 posts. This user has nearly 900, it raises the question that if he/she wanted to troll would they go to such lengths? Myself I think not, I think there is a deeply rooted hatred of certain groups at the heart of the issue.
    You'd be surpised at the lengths some people will go to in trolling. Its considered quite the art form in some circles. Theres even a loose association of internet trolls, with their own website (offensive NSFW).

I've seen some remarkably complex trolls in my travels as well, one fellow went so far as to mirror a site that was overloaded, a site with an image gallery, and set up a script to randomly replace the images in the large thumbnail gallery with goatse when you clicked on them. Click on the same image again, it came up fine. He managed to pull that troll off in about four minutes, and actually got some people banned from the forum linking for complaining he was trolling.

That esteban managed to accrue so many posts merely means he was a good troll. ;) In fact, I'm sure if he's reading this thread, he's probably delighted with the confusion and discussion his posts have created.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think we'll let FlutterinBantam have the last word on this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I agree with SimpleSam. Estebancambias referred to people with an intellectual disability as "brain-dead retards" for ****'s sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I think we'll let FlutterinBantam have the last word on this one...

:eek: I can't speak,I'm Julep'd, three sheets to the wind!!!

I cannot be my usual erudite and concise self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Dudess wrote:
    I agree with SimpleSam. Estebancambias referred to people with an intellectual disability as "brain-dead retards" for ****'s sake.
    Indeed. I don't think boards has really seen the level and elaborate schemes of trolling that some sites have experienced in the past. Hopefully we won't see any more of it either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A pipe dream I'd say...

Advertisement