Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UBAND Number??? WHat Is It, How Do I Get It

Options
  • 23-09-2007 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

Hi again all,

I have been trying to organise the connection of a broadband setup with Eircom for some time. A house-mate of mine went into 3G {Eircom} and got himself a 1Meg BB kit, with router and all, and they told him it would be up and running within 10 working days, as part of a BB and "Talk" option.

At this stage I already felt they had sold him short, but I have waited 7 days by now, and shag all.

It turns out that the telephony is still with BT, and that I may need to get a "U-Band Number" to facilitate the changeover

Does anybody know what a UBAND number is, how I get it, and do you have any other advice???

Cheers

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Its called the UAN - Universial Account Number - it should be available on all the bills from BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Its called the UAN - Universial Account Number - it should be available on all the bills from BT

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, there is no such documentation in existence from BT at my address, would ringing them and giving them the phone number help??

Thanks

Advertisement