Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to charge for Videowork

• 23-09-2007 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i am starting to do video shooting events mainly plays and festivals but iwas wondering how should i charge? also how much to charge for editing and advd authoring and copying DVDs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I think you might want to explain further..

Or are you just after Base hourly rates ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

sorry, I couldnt resist:

drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Seriously though, what you charge is a compomise between what you feel you time is worth, and what clients are willing to pay. Work on both angles and you will find thw answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

no matter what you think your time is worth, the client will always want to pay less. Try looking for people who do a similar job/service and ring them up with a phoney job to see what they quote you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

What's your set up? One person with one camera? What kind of camera are you using and what are you supplying them with at the end of it? There are standard industry fees for this kind of work, but they'll only apply if you're using professional grade equipment and supplying a professional product. What are your clients like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I hope from a business point of view you are quicker at answering questions lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement