Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need advice re this collage

• 23-09-2007 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

hi, am going to bite the bullet and go for it.............
    Has anyone experiance, knowledge or even ever heard of
    www.saor-ollscoil.ie
    thanks,
    cathy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

"Saor-Ollscoil Na hÉireann offers a B.A. Degree in the Liberal Arts. The Degree is awarded by the board of Governors of the Saor-Ollscoil Na hÉireann"

Not worth the paper it is written on, in other words. It's not accredited by any recognised body. You won't get a job off the back of one of these "degrees".

You don't do any exams, so you could just pay someone to do your essays for you. I don't know how they get away with calling themselves a "university".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

oh my goodness, thanks for that.Its very strange.I am a little disapointed:( as I would like to go and do some future ed, psy but time,I just cant seem to find time to do much........
    thanks very much,:)
    cathy

Try the open university?
    www.open.ac.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

You could also look here or here for alternatives, if you are interested in studying psychology

Gibs wrote:
    You could also look here or here for alternatives, if you are interested in studying psychology

DBS is a good college but the OP said she has trouble finding the time. With the OU you can study at at your own page. YOu do have an assigment every 4-6 weeks during the term (usually Jan-Oct) and an exam at the end but I find this is better than having to commit to physically going to college a few nights a week.

Oscail is just a generic BA, it's not a psychology degree and won't give you the graduate recognition you need if you want to become a professional psychologist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement