Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Defferal/Year out

Options
  • 23-09-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Im only in fifth year now but i want to get this sorted out, i want to do vis com in idat, but ive been toying with the idea of talking a year out but it says on their site that its not normally considered for first year entry through the cao, does anybody know anything else about this, how easy is it to do this or is it possible to apply through the cao the next year, if i havent been clear or if this should be somewhere else just tell me.

Comments

You can apply through the CAO in any year of your life. As for the deferral malarkey, I remember reading how there are some courses which do not allow deferrals for some reason. I'd guess that the CAO handbook would be your friend in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

well the most ive seen in the cao handbook, is that deferral to entry for idt is only considered in exceptional circumstances, there is reasoning for me wanting to do this, i have been through a lot, i have a lot of personal issues but i dont know what they judge whos suitable by.

Well you could give someone in IADT Students' Union a bell. The Education Officer there might be able to help you out. Alternatively contact IADT Admissions Office (or whatever it's called) for more information. But I assume that if there are extenuating circumstances then there wouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement