Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 & Maxol E85

Options
  • 23-09-2007 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

Does anyone know if a Peugeot 407 diesel will run on the Maxol E85 fuel?
    I read somewhere that the 407 diesel will run on biofuels but I don't want to ruin the engine...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm almost positive that E85 can only be used in converted petrol engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Does anyone know if a Peugeot 407 diesel will run on the Maxol E85 fuel?
    I read somewhere that the 407 diesel will run on biofuels but I don't want to ruin the engine...

It definately can NOT run on E85. E85 can't be used for petrols either, unless they have been converted to run on E85 or are Fleifuel petrols like the Ford Focus 1.8 FFV.

What the diesel can run on is biodiesel, as long as it is less than a 30% blend. I believe that Maxol will soon be selling biodiesel, if they haven't started doing so already. Biodiesel is called B5 as far as know. The number is the percentage of the blend that is biodiesel. So, B15 means that 85% is diesel, and the other 15% is biodiesel. Same goes for bioethanol.(E85 means 15%petrol and 85% bioethanol). It will soon be a legal requirement that all diesel contains a 5% blend of biodiesel and all Petrol contains a 5% of bioethanol(E5).

Advertisement