Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computerised photobooths in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-09-2007 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I need to renew my driving license and I hate those photobooths that just take four photos and give you no option to choose which ones you're happy with.

I've seen computerised booths before that take digital photos and let you select the ones you want to print out.

Can anyone tell me if there are any of these in Dublin city centre/south Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Iv only ever seen the ones that let u select the ones you like!

Wohoo im in before its moved to the DUBLIN FORUM

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know about Dublin but in Sligo there is a Youth Information office where someone will take passport photos for you. They will show you the picture after and give you the option of taking it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Most places all have the digital ones which let you choose if you like the photo or not. Any of the ones which offer you pictures "with your favourite celebratiy" or different sizes are generally the ones with the ability to choose your picture etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

I used one of those before, a Sony booth I think, and although the picture looked fine on screen when it printed the flash had bleached out most of the details of me face. I was basically a light with eyes and a beard. So they're not all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Why not do your own? I'm sure you know someone with a digicam and photo printer.
    Just have someone snap your head and shoulders against a white or light grey b/g a few times, choose one you like, then resize it in PS and clone it in to 4 shots, print, and cut.
    35mm*45mm is the size IIRC...

Better than shelling ouit a tenner or whatever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Heuston Station used to have one...

Moved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Wertz wrote:
    Why not do your own? I'm sure you know someone with a digicam and photo printer.
    Just have someone snap your head and shoulders against a white or light grey b/g a few times, choose one you like, then resize it in PS and clone it in to 4 shots, print, and cut.
    35mm*45mm is the size IIRC...

Better than shelling ouit a tenner or whatever...

Some digital cameras have a special setting for taking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

There's one in the Irish Life Mall in Talbot St. It takes 3 (as far as I remember) different photos and lets you choose the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

I have used one of those booths.... I still ended up lookin like a criminal on my passport photo.

I know the ones in Tesco in Jervis Street let you choose a pic.. but not many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

There's one in Cineworld too.

Are there any of the old styld ones, you know, the ones were you got a strip of 4 photos, 4 different ones like you always see in films. Not for something serious like a passport, but to have photos for a wallet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

First floor in the Swan Centre - top of back stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I got some done earlier in a pharmacy on Talbot Street, which is part of the Irish Life Centre. She was able to show me the photo before it printed. I don't know if you can do multiple poses with it.

Afterwards I saw that some Sony Photo centres that you can do similar things but get multiple sizes.

Advertisement