Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seating at stormont : Super special??

• 23-09-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Howdy peeps.

Booked some seats for the super special stages and just wondering if anyone knows the what the layout is really going to look like and what we're going to have a view of??

Bit daft asking after buying but this is the only bit I'm going to be able to make it to with work.

Thanks in advance,
    Col.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Seating? SEATING? :rolleyes: Pfff, real rally fans stand around on ditches and stone walls in the pissing rain getting all cold and wet and miserable for hours on end waiting for the cars to finally come through. ;):D Seating's for pussies! :D

Seriously, though, I don't think anybody knows the layout of the super special or the other stages yet. The organisers seem to be keeping the details close to their chests in order to prevent illegal recceing. I suspect, though, that there will be possibly be some sort of side-by-side drag race run up along that long road that leads up to Stormont before the cars turn in opposite directions to do a more technical bit and then finish at the top of the hill in front of the Stormont building. Finishing kind of "on the doorstep", if you like. That's what I think, anyway, though I'll probably end up being completely wrong and it'll look totally different! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭bf1

Little Sneak Peek (all I could find tho'..)

(From the Test Day)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2JUSlqSd6Q

The same user has another clip from a different spot aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Looks like I was wrong after all, then, if that video footage is any indicator of what the stage is going to be like. Seems they're just going to be running one car at a time and not two at the same time as you see on a lot of other super specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭bf1

I've seen the layout in Autosport and two cars set off side by side but don't run side by side throughout the stage itself & they are using the Creagh concrete bridge (as the cross over point) as was used on the COI and the "Titanic stages" a few years back..

..Pic from the test day..
    subaru2_252077d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Seating? SEATING? :rolleyes: Pfff, real rally fans stand around on ditches and stone walls in the pissing rain getting all cold and wet and miserable for hours on end waiting for the cars to finally come through. ;):D Seating's for pussies! :D

Lol :D , true but don't think dad's hip would hold out too well;) .

Cheers for the comments guys,guess the cross over will be the vantage point. Can't wait now:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement