Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSN problem

• 23-09-2007 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

hey, not sure if this is the write forum but just wondering can anyone help!

i hav windows live messenger nd it was working fine until yesterday!

when i got to sign in it loads for a few seconds nd says " we are unable to sign u into msn messenger at this time " and it gives error code! ive checked and mates msns are workin perfect!

ive tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no joy!

any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey man, real english is nice to read too, you know? (Just a tip, any sort of "txt spk" sucks and should be banned)

On topic, that happens with my MSN from time to time, it won't work at all, and if i click help it says something about the service being unavailable at that time. Possibly a network problem or something, it always goes away for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I know of three other people not including myself who also are having issues with MSN that started yesterday. Two of us have an Xbox 360 which uses the same IM client and it's been dying as well. It appears there is an issue here in Ireland with their network right now.

As of this morning I am still having the same issue. It connects sporadically and dies often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

can you post the error code.

@dulprit, no need for that its not text speak. just bad typing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Aidok

error code: 80048820
    extended error code: 80048412

cheers mattdublin!

haha didnt think it made an difference how i spell on a forum as long its understandable :rolleyes:

can you log into the web messenger?

http://webmessenger.msn.com ?

if you can then its probably a connectivity issue...

make sure the time on your pc is correct.
    you can set it by doing the following
    click start, then run
    type in cmd and press enter
    when the dos prompt comes up type in the followin:
    net time /set /y time.windows.com

if your firewall blocking msn connections?
    have you installed any new software?

also it may be a password problem:
    try changin it: https://login.passport.com/ChangePW.srf

• Advertisement

actually on further research, it looks like its a time problem.

if setting the time doesn't work as above do this:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type control timedate.cpl, and then click OK.

2. In the Date and Time Properties dialog box, confirm that the date and time settings on the computer are correct, and then click OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Aidok

matt dublin your a genious! it was the time!

i wish i could contribute to the forum as much as ppl like yourself cheers

no problems

Advertisement