Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reseting Clearwires IP

Options
  • 23-09-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any Clearwire users who know how to reset there IP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It should happen automatically if you turn everything off and on again. (PC on after the modem has restarted)

NT4.0, Win2000, XP and Vista:

On PC right click on Network connection and "Repair" or in a cmd console window, type "ipconfig /renew" (without the " )
    Go Start | Run | type "cmd" to open a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭reidyg

Haven't had any luck I'm afraid, has this something to do with clearwires network. Does everyone under my mast assigned the same IP?

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : clearwire.ie
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 85.134.139.xxx
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.192.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 85.134.128.1

I've used my parents Eircom service and I'm able to restart the connection from the Netopia router through what I think is a subnet address for the router. This always renewed my IP. Is there anyway to do this with the clearwire box?

Advertisement