Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Markets?

Options
  • 23-09-2007 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Are there any farmers markets on at the weekends in Limerick? Fruit, veg, cheese, yummy food, that sort of thing being sold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Not too sure if its a "farmers market"

But at the the Milk Market on Saturday mornings theres fresh produce sold

To get to it...down cruises street, down by mothercare. Right around there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Thanks! I'll check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The market takes place every Saturday and Wednesday up to about 12 noon afaik. Not sure how many fruit & veg stalls are there mid week but there are definately some there on Saturdays. There might also be the odd cheese stall too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

bazz26 wrote:
    The market takes place every Saturday and Wednesday up to about 12 noon afaik. Not sure how many fruit & veg stalls are there mid week but there are definately some there on Saturdays. There might also be the odd cheese stall too.

I haven't been in a while but there's usually a couple of cheese stalls and plenty of fresh fruit and veg (at least on a sat anyway). There's a lot of crap stalls there too, but don't be put off by these, there's lots of quality home-made produce. You can get some really nice bread, cakes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

+1 for the nice cakes.

Never knew about wednesday morning is this a new thing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

sioda wrote:
    Never knew about wednesday morning is this a new thing??

thats new to me too. might be an outdated information...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Theres also a new market on Bedford Row every sunday. There are no fruit and veg but you can find nice quality cheeses, pastries, crepes and other products ( soups, samosas, dips for vegetarians).

The Milk Market offers a large range of different quality products on saturday.

I must check out on wednesday, I never knew it was a market there. Has anyone been there on wednesday recently? What can you find there?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Haven't been down to the Market on a Wednesday morning in years to be honest, not as big as the Saturday one but I'm not sure if it is still held on Wednesdays to be honest, just assumed it was.

Advertisement