Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Pub in all of Dublin

Options
  • 23-09-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

This thread is for the students and general cheapskates living in Dublin. I think we should post up what you think is the cheapest place in Dublin to get locked.
    And im not counting those nightclubs promotional nights and their flat,watered down pints. Im talkin a proper boozer here.

I recommend Doyles on College Green, nice spot and decent value compared to most places in town. Most pints are around €4.30-€4.60 afaik

My local is one of the cheapest places i know of. Its the bar of Judes Gaa club in templeogue, its beside the spawell. Pint of Beamish for €3.15 for the stinge in us all :) The real black stuff for €3.60 and lagers for €3.80. The atmosphere aint the best in there cos its so quiet but its too cheap to miss.

Anyone else recommend a boozer for people living on a shoestring:)
    d_b

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

doyles is fairly pricey tbh.

parnell mooney and mojo's both sell all thier pints for 3.40 i think.

beautiful spots both of them:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think the cheapest in the city centre has to be Karma on Fishamble St. A pint of stout will cost you €3- But the last few Fridays have been African nights with an admission charge of €10- :eek:

Next door in Darkey Kellys isn't much dearer but you get live entertainment from Friday to Sunday.

Doyles put up their prices by ar least 50c per pint after 12 midnight btw - if you've had a few, you mightn't notice 'til the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

second what mairt said, karma is the place to be for cheap drink, lovely pub as well, get there early though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the pav :)

6 cans 7 euro in centra at the train station, sneak em in. sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Just a word to the wise: when I was at the Pav with cans the guards were checking for student ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Dunnes are doing 5 bottles of Franziskaner for a tenner... ok not so cheap, but its Weissbier (makes Homer drooling noise) and I have been known to sneak a few bottles into the porterhouse :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

PennyLane wrote:
    Just a word to the wise: when I was at the Pav with cans the guards were checking for student ID.

guards? pav security or actual garda? pav security cant say boo to ya really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

neither can guards, it's not their responsibility to enforce the Pav's drinking policy (well obviously if underage people are drinking it is), they were probably just checking for any id that proved people were 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

No, they were checking for Trinity ID, which I know, because I was with a bunch of UCD students and we got moved on. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Guarda, but I don't remember too clearly because we'd been there a while at that point....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fibbers.Three quid a pint on thursdays.Fosters and Bavaria for 3.50 all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Mojos is cheap but the drink is VERY iffy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I dont know there really isn't any proper cheap pubs in dublin, ur better off goin 2 tesco, splashin out €7 on a 6 pack Tuborg ("The Beer of Danish Kings") and then headin out with X amount of €'s and see where d nite takes u!:rolleyes:

Advertisement