Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hard fi new album total class

Options
  • 23-09-2007 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

i know it's been out for the last two weeks now but i only got my hands on it today and boy o boy is it a cracking album. yes it is.
    this album should take these boys on to a much bigger stage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Hard-Fi = http://www.wpclipart.com/cartoon/turd.png

... this is a fact

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dantes74 wrote:
    i know it's been out for the last two weeks now but i only got my hands on it today and boy o boy is it a cracking album. yes it is.

No its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i hope this thread is a mickey take

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

this has to be a piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

hard fi are horrible dirge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

lads lads hard fi are a class band
    stars of cctv is jam packed with great tunes
    and the new album is just as good

i reckon ye're just a bit pissed off because brittney's comeback wasn't all it was cracked up to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dantes74 wrote:
    i reckon ye're just a bit pissed off because brittney's comeback wasn't all it was cracked up to be

That's right. We don't like Hard Fi so we must all be Britney Spears fans :rolleyes: They are **** live and they are **** when listened to on a cd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

+1,000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

good pop song writing in the band, horrid execution of the tracks though. saw them performing on that channel4 show the other day and they were dire live. no idea what they were doing. interview-wise they seem to ramble incoherently like junkies relapsing out of rehab

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whooah ohhh Cash machine.
    oohhh oohhh money for the weekend.
    whoah cash machine.

I rest my case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I like 'em.
    Not overly pushed on their new stuff but "Stars of..." still gets a bit of regular play
    I didn't know they were on the music snob hitlist...jesus, there's a hundred times worse out there...

I would rather listen to britney... Saw a funny review of ian browns new attempt in the times: I have been looking for this for many many years and i've finally found. The worst album ever. (made me chuckle)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

much better than the sh!t in the top 5 of the singles chart (except for Plain White Ts)

much better than the sh!t in the top 5 of the singles chart (except for Plain White Ts)

Best sarcy post ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wertz wrote:
    I didn't know they were on the music snob hitlist...jesus, there's a hundred times worse out there...
    Agreed. I'm amazed at the level of hatred there is for this band. I don't particularly love them or anything, but they can write a catchy tune. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with a bit of good pop. I suppose the fact that they see themselves as something more than just pop, is what winds people up. On the front of a recent edition of Hot Press: "Hard Fi: The new Clash?" Now in fairness, that IS nonsense.
    But anything I've heard by them I find very catchy.
    good pop song writing in the band, horrid execution of the tracks though. saw them performing on that channel4 show the other day and they were dire live. no idea what they were doing. interview-wise they seem to ramble incoherently like junkies relapsing out of rehab
    Oh I hate all that trying-to-act-hard ****. If people stopped paying them any attention, they'd suddenly become VERY coherent and articulate. And why is it that they enunciate their words clearly when they're singing?
    So I can see how they'd piss people off if they're gonna act like c*nts.

lordgoat wrote:
    Best sarcy post ever?

Your point being?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'll take a wild guess. He thought you were being sarcastic. Just a guess now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Dudess wrote:
    Agreed. I'm amazed at the level of hatred there is for this band. I don't particularly love them or anything, but they can write a catchy tune. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with a bit of good pop. I suppose the fact that they see themselves as something more than just pop, is what winds people up. On the front of a recent edition of Hot Press: "Hard Fi: The new Clash?" Now in fairness, that IS nonsense.
    But anything I've heard by them I find very catchy.

Oh I hate all that trying-to-act-hard ****. If people stopped paying them any attention, they'd suddenly become VERY coherent and articulate. And why is it that they enunciate their words clearly when they're singing?
    So I can see how they'd piss people off if they're gonna act like c*nts.

There is nothng wrong with a good pop song
    but IMO Hard-Fi dont write good pop songs
    they wrire songs that are the definition of the modern bland indie band when a band is crap they arnt so annoying but when a band is so dull, uninspired and unorigonal as this lot are its just sickening.
    Only Aslan are higher on my list of disliked bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I must say, as someone who finds the current "indie" crop unfathomably bland and generic (e.g. The Kooks, The View), to me, Hard-Fi are considerably less so.
    Oh Aslan - now you've got me angry! :mad: You'd better not go mentioning Paddy Casey or Mundy...

Mossy Monk wrote:
    I'll take a wild guess. He thought you were being sarcastic. Just a guess now.

I gathered that. I wasn't being sarcastic, it is way better than what's in the singles chart

• Advertisement

I think he was specifically referring to The Plain White Tees comment...his point being that he thinks it funny/ironic that you think Delilah is an exception to the bland crapiness of the top 5 singles charts...

Wertz wrote:
    I think he was specifically referring to The Plain White Tees comment...his point being that he thinks it funny/ironic that you think Delilah is an exception to the bland crapiness of the top 5 singles charts...

well it is!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Rubbish band and rubbish songs, crap players too....

well it is!!!

Only in your opinion....I find it crap.
    Individual tastes eh?

Wertz wrote:

10/10.

Wertz wrote:
    Only in your opinion....I find it crap.
    Individual tastes eh?

not only in my opinion, if people didn't like it, would it be number 2?

So obvoiusly you like whatever is number 1 then as well?

You believe that chart positions due to single/download sales are accurately indicative of the musical tastes of the public at large?

I suppose you were one of the hundreds of thousands that loved Crazy Frog so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I like them. Haven't heard the new album yet but plan on getting it soon enough.

• Advertisement

I think the Hard-Fi album kicks ass.

I will no longer get bogged down in off-topic discussions.
    End of story.

Advertisement