Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which graphics card?

Options
  • 23-09-2007 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I'm totally out of the loop on new graphics cards. I like to run my games at my monitors native res (1680x1050). I used to be able to do this with my 1800xt 512mb card but then bioshock came out. So how much money will I need to save up to get a card that can run bioshock at this resolution with most features turned on?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

An 8800gts 320mb card should run it no problem with pretty much everything on high and at a good fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

yup, i can vouch for the 8800gts 320mb, ive got the 'point of view' one and along with my e6600 at 3.4ghz, im playing bioshock at maximum eye candy at a steady 60fps. (not a big fan of the game im sad to say tho)

EDIT; running at steady 60fps with my e6600 at 2.4mhz (forgot i took everything back down to factory settings)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I'll give you €75 for the x1800xt to help you along the way to your 8800gts :) .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

EDIT; running at steady 60fps with my e6600 at 2.4mhz (forgot i took everything back down to factory settings)

That's impressive, I'm surprised you get the thing to boot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

har har har!, COMEDIAN!!!, Ghz then, happy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement