Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locking Threads in Build & Constr

Options
  • 23-09-2007 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sonnenblumen
    According to Forum Charter: "Threads looking for recommendations in a certain area will be allowed but any recommendations should be given by pm only."

Would it not have been fairer for Smashey to respond with some constructive advice to Megapixel's enquiry other than "check the local Golden pages" and locking the thread.

Well done Smashey, doing your bit to close down reasonable enquiries by enforcing ambiguous rules?

But The Mod Muffler:

Take it to feedback where you spend most of your time anyhow.

In future PM the mod if you have a problem as posting feedback here will result in a red card. Take this as being a yellow one (for now)

Edit: In fact I will discuss this with smashey as you have posted feedback in the wrong forum. You are around long enough to know better. The yellow could change to red.

Last edited by muffler : Today at 20:46.

What's the point?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you really are some tool aren't you?
    Always trying to hammer home some ****e point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

RuggieBear wrote:
    you really are some tool aren't you?
    Always trying to hammer home some ****e point.

I would say different to the tools that have an interest in for example cricket, golf ........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

that was an awl-ful comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You irk me greatly. Well done muffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No idea what's being talked about. No links sonneblumen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

According to Forum Charter: "Threads looking for recommendations in a certain area will be allowed but any recommendations should be given by pm only."

Would it not have been fairer for Smashey to respond with some constructive advice to Megapixel's enquiry other than "check the local Golden pages" and locking the thread.

Well done Smashey, doing your bit to close down reasonable enquiries by enforcing ambiguous rules?

Who stole your sweets? I find you tiresome at best.

Yeah, I locked this thread this morning. The OP was looking for a "snag engineer" in Limerick. Now, I don't know Limerick too well but I'm pretty sure that even a cursory glance through the Golden Pages will get him umpteen numbers for people all perfectly able to do a snagging list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Do you really have nothing better to do with your time that complain about absolutely nothing on Feedback OP?

Boston wrote:
    You irk me greatly. Well done muffler.

Why not take a CHILL Pill and STFU.

smashey wrote:
    Who stole your sweets? I find you tiresome at best.

Yeah, I locked this thread this morning. The OP was looking for a "snag engineer" in Limerick. Now, I don't know Limerick too well but I'm pretty sure that even a cursory glance through the Golden Pages will get him umpteen numbers for people all perfectly able to do a snagging list.

Whats up sweetie pie? I find your attitude lame! OK then so why not put a new rule in all Fora, anyone looking for info will be referred to local Golden Pages and thread will be locked. Really Great Idea.

As for all the other girlies complaining why this is Feedback, ask Mod Muffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The Construction, Self Building, Architecture & Planning forum deals with aspects of design and construction in house building. The core issues for debating are planning legislation, building products design & properties and methodology in building practises. We don’t encourage recommendations of individuals and when this is requested by a user and depending on the nature of the thread/post we would either advise other users to PM the OP or we would give a simple reply and then lock the thread.

The thread referred to was a simple open and shut case. The OP was looking for someone to recommend a snag engineer in Limerick and smashey quite rightly advised him to look in the yellow pages and locked the thread. The OP obviously accepted that.

I fail to see why you have a problem with this as nobody else has.

I see you are up to your usual tricks in attacking the poster again (your response to Boston)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You started a thread in the planning & construction forum complaining about a modding decision made by smashey. If you refuse to accept a mod's decision (and God only knows what it had to do with you in any event) then you go to feedback which is where I told you to go although I could have suggested something else ;)

Hopefully your personal attacking here wont go unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sonnenblumen - You really should have known better than to have a go at a mod about a modding decision in the forum itself. Muffler was being lenient in not banning you outright for starting that thread.

With regards to your original complaint - big deal. The OP only had 2 posts & quite obviously didn't read the charter before posting.

As you quite obviously took the poor poster's cause to heart - you would have been better off PMing him/her & telling them what way things work in that forum. That would have been a bit more positive & wouldn't have pïssed anybody off. Just a thought.

muffler muffler he's our man, if he can't ban Sonnenblumen, smashey can. I think this is a clear case of duel accounts and that Sonnenblumen should be site banned. That or its nothing to do with him and he's just hassling the mods, in which case he should be site banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Whats up sweetie pie? I find your attitude lame! OK then so why not put a new rule in all Fora, anyone looking for info will be referred to local Golden Pages and thread will be locked. Really Great Idea.

I'll let you in on a secret here but please don't go talking about it.
    Guess what? Despite the thread being locked, people can still send recommendations by pm to the OP.

Strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Congratulations Sonnenblumen your English has improved. Or you are not as pissed drunk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Boston wrote:
    muffler muffler he's our man, if he can't ban Sonnenblumen, smashey can. I think this is a clear case of duel accounts and that Sonnenblumen should be site banned. That or its nothing to do with him and he's just hassling the mods, in which case he should be site banned.

Who is the other account?

Is the OP all about fighting the power as it seems this isnt the first time he/she has dont it?

Who knows, I'd prefer to burn the witch* and ask questions later.

*No offense to pagans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Boston wrote:
    Who knows, I'd prefer to burn the witch* and ask questions later.

*No offense to pagans.

Sounds like you two have history!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

kearnsr wrote:
    Or that Boston spends most of his time in Feedback and is, like the rest of us, sick of Sonnenbum's silly threads. At this point, it's trolling. Take a chill pill yourself, sonne. You'll die youn...hmmm. As you were . Would it kill you to link to threads/posts? Try it anyway.

kearnsr wrote:

Lol, We've about ten minutes of history, all of it bad.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:

Clear case of you not knowing what you're talking about. Or trying to make sense with duel orifice speak. Anyways Duel Accounts ? Prove it, if you can't and I guarantee you can't, YOU SHOULD BE BANNED. Personally I couldn't give a toss.

Anyone missing Fried brains ??

Karoma wrote:
    At this point, it's trolling.
    Without a doubt. I offered a reasoned response to Sonnenblumen's gripe above, but she's not bothered to respond. She's quite obviously only here for a fight & a bitching-session & nothing more.

FIGHT DA FCUKKIN POWAH!!

Yep this guy is a troll. Nothing to see here people, move along.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Peoples, stop fueling the troll train so and ignore the threads.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sonnenblumen

But The Mod Muffler:

Take it to feedback where you spend most of your time anyhow.

In future PM the mod if you have a problem as posting feedback here will result in a red card. Take this as being a yellow one (for now)

Edit: In fact I will discuss this with smashey as you have posted feedback in the wrong forum. You are around long enough to know better. The yellow could change to red.

Last edited by muffler : Today at 20:46.

What's the point?
    And what?

Boston wrote:
    Yep this guy is a troll. Nothing to see here people, move along.

You're right nothing to see, but even less to say. So run along quietly and run away.

But if you come back come back with proof.

Hill Billy wrote:
    Without a doubt. I offered a reasoned response to Sonnenblumen's gripe above, but she's not bothered to respond. She's quite obviously only here for a fight & a bitching-session & nothing more.

FIGHT DA FCUKKIN POWAH!!

I don't pick my fights but not going to take crap either. There's a lot of undercurrent bitching around here.

Doesn't take too much to reveal, all you got to do is ask a question. Most some incapable of discussing a point, usually resorting to ridicule because they fail to be interested/lack the tolerance to consider the other Poster.

Most some incapable of discussing a point, usually resorting to ridicule because they fail to be interested/lack the tolerance to consider the other Poster.

And I offered you a couple of points in my post that gave you the opportunity to turn this thread around & discuss your feedback sensibly.

But no, you didn't take the opportunity & just carried on trolling with a swipe at Boston instead of engaging in a discussion.

Hill Billy wrote:
    And I offered you a couple of points in my post that gave you the opportunity to turn this thread around & discuss your feedback sensibly.

But no, you didn't take the opportunity & just carried on trolling with a swipe at Boston instead of engaging in a discussion.

Fair enough Hill Billy, but maybe you can hold a discussion and not be bothered by a pestering midget flying around your face. And disagree with the trolling claim!

• Advertisement

Fair enough Hill Billy, but maybe you can hold a discussion and not be bothered by a pestering midget flying around your face.
    WTF? What do you mean? I gave you an opening for a discussion & you ignored it. Now you are feebly attempting to turn this on me. :confused:

FYI - Midgets can't fly.
    But I found a 'Pestering' one for you:
    yourheight4.jpg
    Midget: Ah, go on - show us yer baps! Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Go on! Take that towel off. Please! Please! Please! Please! Please!
    And disagree with the trolling claim!
    Go back under your bridge.

Advertisement