Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice on Second Hand Mazda 3

Options
  • 23-09-2007 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi every one. i have a 1.4 Petrol 02 ford focus.
    and i thinking of going up the years to a mazda 3 saloon 05 or 06. was going to go for a 1.6 Diesel. is the mazda agood reliable car. would it be up ther with toyota. any advice i would be very gratefull.

thanks every one.

keith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 3 uses a Peugeot/Citroen engine and is based on the Focus.
    I wouldn't regard it as a traditional Mazda, but I know a few people who are all very happy with thiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 3 saloon is prettier than the hatch imo.

Make sure you go for the Touring model which has rear electric windows, air conditioning and multi function steering wheel.

As mentioned it is based on the MkII Focus and uses the same 1.6 diesel engine made by Peugeot/Citroen. The 1.6 litre was 110bhp from 2004 to 2006 but from then on as in the Focus it appears to be only 90bhp for some strange reason (probably EU emissions compliance). :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

keitht wrote:
    Hi every one. i have a 1.4 Petrol 02 ford focus.
    and i thinking of going up the years to a mazda 3 saloon 05 or 06. was going to go for a 1.6 Diesel. is the mazda agood reliable car. would it be up ther with toyota. any advice i would be very gratefull.

thanks every one.

keith.
    Toyota aren't as "up there" as they used to be. Honda are top for reliability and Mazda are number 2. You should have no issues with it at all, great diesel engine, quiet and refined, yet 110bhp from the 1.6.

Advertisement