Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken 3.5mm plug on headphones, repairable?

Options
  • 23-09-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

I've just gone and dropped my laptop! :( Part of the damage was the headphones that were plugged in at the time, the 3.5mm plug has bent and it's connector has broken. Is this repairable? They're not expensive, about 40 quid worth, but I'd rather a repair as these things have lasted me longer than any other pair, they're practically indestructable (practically :p ).

Here's a pic of the damage.

img2272resizedxn2.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yup, you can get a new connector in Maplin and the likes. Cut off the old one and solder new one on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Great! I was hoping that would be the answer, I have access to a soldering iron in work. Thanks for the quick response. Now just gotta get a replacement power connector for the laptop and solder that too :(

Advertisement