Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling the stress already

Options
  • 23-09-2007 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im in 6th year and Im already feeling the pressure. Most of my friends are off enjoying themselves in college, I did TY....stupud decision. Im aiming for high points, but now Im starting to doubt myself. If I mess up would I be too old to repeat,Ive just gone 18. Or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Thats the problem with doing TY and having a few friends who don't.

Seriously don't stress it won't do you any good. I could've gotten what I got with loads less stress, it just does you no good at all.

Don't think about the exams yet, just do your work steadily and everything will come right.Doubting yourself is only natural as well because you think, how the hell will I remember any of this, or how will I get the points.That is only because the leaving has so much hype around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd suggest you visit your friends during the oct break or whenever you get a chance midweek. It'll comfort you a bit and also it'll act as a bit of motivation: "Thats where I'll be next year if I can stick at it this year" < that kinda thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

From my personal experience: Friends in college = fun in 6th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i am kinda in your boots too.
    after doing ty alot of my mates have gone on now but most of them are still with me.

i am under pressure from homework, u know you have lots to do and it takes up all your time, then all the teachers give you a bit of revision homework too then you end up behind on it all :(

havent actually opened a book to study anything yet. guess the work will help me anyway though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Turquoise

WOOOT - Leaving Cert! Cannot wait!

Ok, so that's a lie. I'm having a minor meltdown at the moment, right now in my head failure = death, which is stupid, but that's how my brain works. Lol.
    I think it's natural to stress for the first month or so, then you kinda settle in until the mocks. At least I hope that's the case, because I cannot cope like this for the next 9 months. Eeek!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Didn't do TY but still a little stressed, finding biology really difficult and have to get a HC1 in german for my course (which is acheivable but I just hate the thought of HAVING to get it)

Need to get grinds in biology (really regret doing it as I want commerce with chinese un ucc which has no relation to biology what so ever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Everyone at my school is a bit stressed at this point... We're way quieter this year:) Its like the bad part of fifth year all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

You need to relax, all of you. You've got 9 or so months until the exams, lots of time to get adequately studyed up and be ready for the mocks and the real thing. Go out enjoy yourself, play sport, do whatever it is that makes you happy! You definitely do not need to be immersing yourselves totally in the points race at this stage, it will not help you.

Advertisement