Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant believe it hasn't been done yet---- PLOUGHING

Options
  • 23-09-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

So, anyone going to it for the craic or for any other reason? I'm getting wed off work to stick my head in, ( i live in rhode so im pretty near). Anyone know how much it is in, or any good stands/ free stuff. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i like in edenderry, hopefully i can talk my dad into letting me take a day out of school for it.

am in LC so it wont be that easy

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Taking thursday off work to head out to it, i live in Tullamore so i sorta have to go out wouldn't i, as its on my doorstep! as far as i know its round €20 to get in, unless you are on of the lucky ones with complimentary tickets, and im not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

i live in edenderry........

.......am in LC so it wont be that easy

what school are you in? i did my LC last year in st. mary's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Is the site far from Tullamore?
    Is it within walking distance?

salonfire wrote:
    Is the site far from Tullamore?
    Is it within walking distance?

i believe its in a place called annaharvey... definitely not within walking distance. bout 10 mins drive outside tullamore. Probably a 2 hour walk. i think there's shuttle buses out to it, you would probably get a taxi out for bout E10 i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

nice bit out from tullamore alright, even parking in Tescos (furthest you can go without a pass) it'll be a 20min walk.

Traffic around Tullamore has been mental all week and will be the same tomorrow(thursday)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

It is a good bit from the town alright. In the end we got a taxi out and back.

The information offices on site didn't seem to have any knowledge of a shuttle bus.

Surely public transport/shuttle bus should be enouraged to reduce the traffic chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i am doing lc in st marys atm.
    you were in my brothers years so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

sd123 wrote: »
    So, anyone going to it for the craic or for any other reason? I'm getting wed off work to stick my head in, ( i live in rhode so im pretty near). Anyone know how much it is in, or any good stands/ free stuff. thanks.

Hi, do you mean you can't believe how the Ploughing hasn't come to Tullamore or Offaly before? It has. If you listened to daft Radio 3 reporters, don't mind them. They never research anything properly...

National Ploughing was in Charleville, Tullamore in 1987 and also in Birr in the 90's.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hi, do you mean you can't believe how the Ploughing hasn't come to Tullamore or Offaly before? It has. If you listened to daft Radio 3 reporters, don't mind them. They never research anything properly...

National Ploughing was in Charleville, Tullamore in 1987 and also in Birr in the 90's.

OK, i haven't seen that post and I know its ages ago but when i said that i cant believe it hasn't been done yet, i meant that i cant believe someone hasn't started a thread bout it yet :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement