Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network + HELP!!!!

Options
  • 23-09-2007 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi
    There is no careers forum that I've
    seen, so here we go:

Has anyone here done the CompTIA Network + certification? Would you happen to have any resources for the exam? I am dying trying to memorize this stuff, and my memory is quite good... but for example to memorize 20 near identical protocols in the TCP/IP suite, their methods of connection, address assignment, and whatnot is starting to seem impossible.

Maybe there is a mnemonic device out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

And moved to IT Certification....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Has anyone here done the CompTIA Network + certification? Would you happen to have any resources for the exam? I am dying trying to memorize this stuff, and my memory is quite good... but for example to memorize 20 near identical protocols in the TCP/IP suite, their methods of connection, address assignment, and whatnot is starting to seem impossible.

Yes, No sorry to long ago.

Try and just understand everything first how it all connects together, why you need the different layers, what each of they do. (Big Picture)

Just get to grips with the theory around each chapter dont focus on the specifics then when you finish your study go back and read it all again, you will surprise yourself with how much you will have learned from the first pass.
    The Exam Questions dont go into that much detail...just keep at it and you'll be fine.

Have you any specific questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bostonian

Yes, No sorry to long ago.

Try and just understand everything first how it all connects together, why you need the different layers, what each of they do. (Big Picture)

Just get to grips with the theory around each chapter dont focus on the specifics then when you finish your study go back and read it all again, you will surprise yourself with how much you will have learned from the first pass.
    The Exam Questions dont go into that much detail...just keep at it and you'll be fine.

Have you any specific questions?

Nothing specific, alot of the protocols seem redundant though. I have the layers memorized though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bostonian

aaf wrote:

WOW thanks!!!!!!!

Advertisement