Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router timing out

Options
  • 23-09-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've just got my hands on a new rig, and I using my old Zyzel 600 series router for my BT bb 3 meg connection. After prolonged use - say over 8 hours, if left alone, the connection seems to trip out.

A restart of the PC (NOT the router) seems to remedy the issue...

I'm at a loss...

Hardware info:
    Network:
    Primary IP Address 192.168.1.33
    Primary MAC Address 00-13-49-47-20-C3
    Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
    Network Adapter ZyXEL USB ADSL Modem (192.168.1.33)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

sticker wrote:
    Primary IP Address 192.168.1.33
    Network Adapter ZyXEL USB ADSL Modem (192.168.1.33)

This would lead me to believe you're using the USB connection? Try the ethernet port.

If not - are you using a static or dynamic IP? If it's dynamic, is the lease roughly 8 hours? Try a static and see if it improves, or play with the lease time.

Are there any other hosts connected to this router that have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

This would lead me to believe you're using the USB connection? Try the ethernet port.

If not - are you using a static or dynamic IP? If it's dynamic, is the lease roughly 8 hours? Try a static and see if it improves, or play with the lease time.

Are there any other hosts connected to this router that have the same problem?

I'm using the ethernet port...

How do I check if the IP is static or dynamic?

There is only one PC hooked to router...

Thanks

Advertisement