Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think I killed my laptop

• 23-09-2007 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I made a huge mistake and tried to install alachol 120 onto my new laptop. When I did a message came up saying that it was installing new drivers. Then It crashed and I got the Blue screen of death. when I restart it it crashes for the same reason again and again and again. I try to get the driver to stop installing and I've tried to remove alachol 120 but I don't have enough time before It crashes. My OS is Vista Home premium.

Please can someone help me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Go back to the shop and say its not working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

The shop is radioshack in cape cod USA. When I say new I mean about 2 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Loftus88

If you still have the vista discs why don't you just back-up then try a clean install?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Or try a safe boot, I think you press F8 while booting.

Thanks for your replies. I don't have the disks. safe boot crashes before I get to the password screen. I'm downloading ubuntu now to see if I can get to work. Damm you to hell vista home premium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

if its a dual core might try disabling one of the cores in the bios, might let you get into windows

It is dual core. How do I do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Try a system restore.

Moved from Laptops, more of a Windows problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

daithimac wrote:
    It is dual core. How do I do that?

usually by pressing one of the function keys during boot, depends on the type of laptop

in the bios menu you might find an option to choose between multicore or single core operation

Thanks for your help everyone.
    I managed to get it fixed by going into the bios and starting in restore mode. this gave me about 30 seconds before crash instead of the usual five. then I went to the device manager and disabled the plug and play bios extension and removed alchol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement