Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pump problem

Options
  • 24-09-2007 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Nearly pulling my hair out on this!!

I have a water pump...live on 3rd floor of apartment building.

It was working ok up until last night - though it did seem to come on every so often of its own accord for a few seconds.

But last night it started off making a lot of noise and then didn't switch off again. I've had to switch off electricity to it as it was too noisy to sleep with it going last night.

At the same time yesterday, I was letting a storage heater run at the same time (don't know if that's connected or not).

I've looked on the net and sometimes the water pump not switching off seems to be connected to a leaky tap or overflowing cistern....cistern looks ok to me though there is a bit of water dripping in every so often.

Should be clear...I am a plumber novice, just wondered if anyone has any ideas. I can revert back to builder if there is a fault with installation??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This would be better off in DIY (I hope)

Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I had one of these do funny things recently. Ours wouldn't switch on, or did so erratically. I had to replace the control circuit board in it. It could also be a problem with the sensors.

If you bought the apartment recently you could ask the plumber. If he is gone off site it will be hard to raise him. The manufacturer of my one said the guarantee had lapsed.

I had to pay 45 euros for a replacement pcb and I fitted it myself.

A service call would have cost 175 euros apparently.

A new pump would have been about 600.

a.

Advertisement