Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the army

Options
  • 24-09-2007 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

An Army captain calls his hard-as-nails sergeant major into his office. "Sergeant, I`ve just got a telegram that Private Jones` mother died yesterday. Go and tell him and then send him to me." The sergeant steps outside and has his men line up.
    "Listen up men," he says. "Get your bunks ready for inspection. Oh, and Jones your mother died yesterday. Report to the captain."

The next day, the captain calls in the Sergeant and says, "Sergeant, that was a cold way to tell Jones his mother had died. And I`ve just learned that McGrath's mother has passed away. Tell him at roll call, but be more tactful this time."
    "Understood, sir," the sergeant replies. He steps outside and bawls for his troops to fall in. "Everyone with a living mother, take two steps forward," screams the sergeant major. "Not so fast McGrath."

Comments

Advertisement