Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New airlink : Rotterdam to Carrickfinn

• 24-09-2007 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

from Highland radio website:

First Dutch passengers fly into Donegal Airport Sep 23, 6:44 pm

Donegal Airport has today received its first passengers from Holland, ahead of the launch of the Rotterdam to Donegal service which is due to begin in April of next year.

This afternoon 32 travel agents from the Netherlands arrived in Carrickfinn ahead of the launch of a multi million euro marketing campaign in Holland later this week.

The new service will operate for twenty weeks beginning on April 28th, 2008.

General Manager of Failte Ireland North West Paul McLoone says the sevice is set to bring in an estimated 5 million euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

I'm sure they won't be disappointed with the views, whatever about the weather.

At this rate, more Dutch people will have been to Carrickfinn than Donegal people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

my god what a view those houses have.

i had forgotten how beautiful it was,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Its a good market for Donegal. Continentals like the rugged landscape and hill walking. TBH many do not care about the weather, but more natural unspoilt scenery, not that we have much of that left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Its a good market for Donegal. Continentals like the rugged landscape and hill walking. TBH many do not care about the weather, but more natural unspoilt scenery, not that we have much of that left.

Clearly this is a result of a business cosortium, and if if works, it can only be of benefit to Donegal. Good luck to them. :) .

P. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Paddy20 wrote:
    Clearly this is a result of a business cosortium, and if if works, it can only be of benefit to Donegal. Good luck to them. :) .

P. :cool:

There are a few business consortiums of the wrong sort that are bound to be happy with flights from the netherlands
    Sorry for throwing a spanner in all the positive talk:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

I can see that being patronised by a multitude of stag nights. Watch out for an epidemic of STD's in west Donegal:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

il gatto wrote:
    I can see that being patronised by a multitude of stag nights. Watch out for an epidemic of STD's in west Donegal:D

You realise these are holiday flights for people coming FROM Rotterdam to spend a week in Donegal. A lot of callers to Shaun Doherty's show last week couldn't seem to grasp that it wasn't a Ryanair style scheduled service.

Having said that, no better place for a stag party than West Donegal:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

sesswhat wrote:
    You realise these are holiday flights for people coming FROM Rotterdam to spend a week in Donegal. A lot of callers to Shaun Doherty's show last week couldn't seem to grasp that it wasn't a Ryanair style scheduled service.

Having said that, no better place for a stag party than West Donegal:D

So you aren't allowed to book flights to Rotterdam and back again if you're Irish?

Think that il gatto assumed this. As most would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Seriously? So you mean you won't be able to book flights from Carrickfinn?

That's ****ing ridiculous. Brother is moving out to Rotterdam, the handiness of that if we are allowed to fly out. Security checks will be stricter at Carrickfinn if it does go ahead. LOL.I mean have you seen it? It's virtually nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Think its only the odd charter tourist flight in as opposed to a regular service or airlink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Umbrella Corp

I love the service on the flight. They are always so nice. Hope we can flyout to Rotterdam soon. Handy trip to Amsterdam!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I love the service on the flight. They are always so nice. Hope we can flyout to Rotterdam soon. Handy trip to Amsterdam!!

Why oh why would you go to Amsterdam if you land in Rotterdam. Don't go to get ripped off (in my opinion). Rotterdam is so much friendlier, streets much cleaner more spacious, great choice of restaurants etc.
    Anyway are the flights from Rotterdam every few days or everyday?

Advertisement