Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US to Euro Exchange Rate

Options
  • 24-09-2007 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,836 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wasn't sure which forum this should be posted on but I figured this maybe the best one. I will be travelling to the US in early November and with the Dollar so favourable compared to the euro at the moment I was wondering would you recommend I get the dollars I need now or hold of a few more weeks i.e would many people think the value of the euro will drop within 6 weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

billyhead wrote:
    Hi,

I wasn't sure which forum this should be posted on but I figured this maybe the best one. I will be travelling to the US in early November and with the Dollar so favourable compared to the euro at the moment I was wondering would you recommend I get the dollars I need now or hold of a few more weeks i.e would many people think the value of the euro will drop within 6 weeks?
    Nobody can predict the future. If you are happy with the current rate (the worst that could happen is you are only committing to a good rate instead of a great rate), take it or at least hedge your bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Crystal ball stuff! If I knew what way the rate would go, I would not be working, that's for sure! I read a prediction today it would hit 1.50 by end 2007, but then others are looking for a devaluation, which might bring it back to say 1.25.
    My own advice, buy now.

Advertisement