Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA's Black on the 360

• 24-09-2007 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Anyone play this xbox game on the 360 yet? Did it crash at the end of 2nd level during loading? Don't want to replay the level again if it's never gonna work.

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Backwards compatibility has given me nothing but grief. Quite possible it's a problem with the BC download - same thing happened with Panzer Dragoon Orta, while my Project Zero doesn't work at all, even with the update.

Not sure about Black though, although wouldnt be half surprised if it was simply the ****ty compatibility at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Wasn't Black released after the 360 came out? would've thought they could've sorted out full compatability for that:confused:
    I've given up on BC myself, if the games actually play in PAL 60 hz mode over the VGA cable in the first place, they usually have other issues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

sweetie wrote:
    Anyone play this xbox game on the 360 yet? Did it crash at the end of 2nd level during loading? Don't want to replay the level again if it's never gonna work.

cheers

I completed Black on the 360. I don't remember it crashing during loading. Maybe a wipe of the disc will cure what ails ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Black worked ok on mine, might just be a disk smudge. Have to say am disappointed with the BC on the 360, great machine but just a shame. Microsoft dont seem too bothered about workin on the situation. I know they have no real gain in makin it BC seeing as they got us to buy it. Why give support to outdate software. shame :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

AKAIK there are no compatibility issues with Black on the 360. The real shame is that Criterion are not yet working on a sequel.

I really enjoyed the bit of Black that I played. Anyone know where I can pick up a copy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://uk.gamestracker.com/xbox/black/compare-prices.htm
    Can't say I've heard of any of the places that still have it in stock, so Ebay or second hand bins is most likely your best bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Yeah black was fun, it did have some stupidly good AI issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

wow i got mine 2nd hand for 7yoyos in gamestop :D kind of a steal when i think about it. such a great game. cant believe theyre not makin a sequel. criminal.

writetojd wrote:
    cant believe theyre not makin a sequel. criminal.
    I'm sure they will make a sequel. I guess their just dedicating their resources to Burnout Paradise at the minute.

I managed to get Black today. Game Exchange on Talbot St. had one copy for €15. :)

It works now that I've installed the update I was prompted to download. Haven't really played it yet so dunno if it crashes at the end of 2nd level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fnz wrote:
    I managed to get Black today. Game Exchange on Talbot St. had one copy for €15. :)

It works now that I've installed the update I was prompted to download. Haven't really played it yet so dunno if it crashes at the end of 2nd level.

funny, I don't remember being prompted for an update. Thought it was unusual at the time.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Yes indeed i wouldent trust the BC on the 360, in the words of yahtzee 'The 360 has a solid cataluge of back games from the xbox, or at least it would, if the 360 Backwards capacity wasn't a load of bull**** and chips.'

Advertisement