Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 3 Reaction

• 24-09-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭

Patterns beginning to emerge. The Patriots looked very good again. Brady and Moss's numbers are pretty sick. The Packers got another good win: 3 - 0.

However, the most obviously impressive performance was by Dallas in Chicago. There hasn't been a peep from Owens so far this year - he is going about his business, and the offense is producing. As far as the Bears are concerned, Grossman was 15 / 32 with 3 picks; and Benson struggled to make progress on the ground. Smart money would be on Griese to start next week.

And the Bears capitulation , by extension, raises the reasonable question of just how good a team the Chargers are? At present they are failing to move the ball on the ground and, while it is early days, they do not look like a Championship team.

Finally, being a Jets fan myself - it was important that they got the win yesterday. Pennington was just awesome - and if he keeps healthy they could still end up 9 - 7+.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

747855206436516200825125_suck.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    However, the most obviously impressive performance was by Dallas in Chicago. There hasn't been a peep from Owens so far this year - he is going about his business, and the offense is producing. As far as the Bears are concerned, Grossman was 15 / 32 with 3 picks; and Benson struggled to make progress on the ground. Smart money would be on Griese to start next week.

Grossman is gone i say.

I have Dallas backed for Division and I was very happy with that win last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

3 words!!!

COME ON JAGS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The-Rigger wrote:
    747855206436516200825125_suck.jpg
    Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

What I dont get is that tonight Tennessee (1-1) @ New Orleans (0-2) but Saints are still favorites even after Titans lost by only 2 points to Colts while Saints got a hammering of 31 points.

BTW GO BUC'S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

AFC west is wide open and oakland raiders could nick a playoff spot. We of beaten the broncos and denver are very lucky not to be 0-3. Chiefs suck and the chargers dont look much better.

It's certainly going to be a better year then last year anyway.

Outside the afc west - who the **** was put in charge of designing the eagles's jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

They were commemorative jerseys worn for that game only. Thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Lirange wrote:
    They were commemorative jerseys worn for that game only. Thankfully.

These commemorative jerseys have sucked, did ye see the Steelers one last week (i think) that was god-awful too... (although their uniform is kinda sucky as it stands)

I quite like the Texans jersey right now, Shaub on the back could be cool... :cool:

On topic, looks like some favourites are gone already - the Chargers, Saints & Bears... Am i right in saying that it'll be pretty tough to get back into contention??

And i see the raiders won a game, their first in 11 months... Wonders may never cease... :)

dulpit wrote:
    On topic, looks like some favourites are gone already - the Chargers, Saints & Bears... Am i right in saying that it'll be pretty tough to get back into contention??

No, you're not right. Not a single team is out of contention at the present time. Everything can be pulled around. Early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I think Grossman is done after the Dallas game the fans were outraged with him and chanting for his replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

dulpit wrote:

The Chargers are only a game behind and haven't played a division game yet, so I'd still make them favourites for the AFC West as they have the best roster, but they also have Norv Turner :rolleyes: If the Saints can get their offence working, they could still challenge as its still early and the Panthers and Bucs are no powerhouses. While the Bears need to bench Grossman and start playing tough defence again and they'll be okay.
    dulpit wrote:
    And i see the raiders won a game, their first in 11 months... Wonders may never cease... :)

They won't challenge for a playoff berth(though they are just a game behind at present), but I can see them winning a few more this year if they can cut out the cheap turnovers. Their linebackers have had a terrific start to the season, 3 games gone and Kirk Morrison has 3 interceptions and Thomas Howard has 2 interceptions and Dominic Rhodes will be out for just one more game, and his return should strengthen their rushing attack further.

It is amazing though how many top players are either underperforming(see L. Tomlinson, Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson) or injured(Steven Jackson will miss next week with a partial groin tear, Shaun Alexander has a cracked bone in his left wrist, Deuce McAllister is out for the season with a cruciate ligament injury, Michael Westbrook has an abdominal injury(not that it stopped him last Sunday!), Texans wr Andre Johnson is out for a month, Jonathan Ogden is out, Orlando Pace is out, Zach Thomas is out, Derrick Burgess is out and Terry Glenn is out too) and Hines Ward is doubtful for next week. Thats quite a list for so early in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The commemorative jerseys are for the NFCs 75th year, the bucs will be wearing their orange throwbacks as well.

The bucs have been brilliant so far, Gruden is hanging onto his job by his fingernails though.

Grossman is pretty much gone if Griese practices well. For the first time, Lovie Smith answered a journalist's question about Grossman with more than "Rex Grossman is our quarterback"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Evolution136

How long is gonna be before people start talking about 16-0 for The Pats? They look awesome, scarry infact. Dallas were hugely impressive too, I also have them backed for thier division. Be fairytale stuff if Farve in his 700th year with Green Bay could lead them to a superbowl but I reckon playoffs at best for them. One point/Question I MUST ask is what has happened to The Saints? Couldn't stop putting up points last term yet look like the side they were in 2005 all over again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Well how about those saints? All sorts of sucky...

And it looks like Rex is sitting out the next game at least (from the ESPN) which means things can only get better for the Bears...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I said it all last season, the saints were flukey.

They had a first term Head Coach, which made it difficult for teams to gameplan, Drew Brees was rejuvenated and motivated to perform, marques colston exploded onto the scene, meaning teams had to watch both him and Horn. Reggie Bush had everything to prove, DMcA had to prove he was still as good as he was before his knee injury.

So their excellent offense has been diluted this season and their poor defense has been exposed for what it is. They'll be lucky to go 8-8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

How long is gonna be before people start talking about 16-0 for The Pats? They look awesome, scarry infact. Dallas were hugely impressive too, I also have them backed for thier division. Be fairytale stuff if Farve in his 700th year with Green Bay could lead them to a superbowl but I reckon playoffs at best for them. One point/Question I MUST ask is what has happened to The Saints? Couldn't stop putting up points last term yet look like the side they were in 2005 all over again!

The Pats could be close to a one man team in that with Tom Brady at QB, 16-0 is possible, but if Brady gets hurt, his backups are Matt Cassell and Matt Gutierrez, neither of whom have started a single regular season game before.

In this sense, all their depth on defence, at running back or even their bench full of class wide receivers will count for nothing. Have any of the other playoff contenders such a lack of experienced backups at QB ?

Mind you, if Brady does get hurt, anyone with an experienced QB to trade, might be able to swing a great deal.

dulpit wrote:
    And it looks like Rex is sitting out the next game at least (from the ESPN) which means things can only get better for the Bears...
    By the way, as much as I don't wish to defend Rex Grossman (I mean I couldn't even if I wanted to) - Brian Griese has been tried and failed in the NFL before. He should hardly be considered some sort of saviour. At his best, he is a solid, low risk, game manager. At his worst...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    No, you're not right. Not a single team is out of contention at the present time. Everything can be pulled around. Early days yet.

Well surely Atlanta, Miami, and the Bills will have losing records. It's gotta be safe enough to assume that. Probably Oakland and Detroit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Well surely Atlanta, Miami, and the Bills will have losing records. It's gotta be safe enough to assume that. Probably Oakland and Detroit too.

I think what luckylyod meant is is that we are only coming to week 4 plenty of time for teams to turn it around you could be 0-3 at present and turn your season around. Don't forget there were teams with 8-8 and 9-7 records last season who made the wild card or playoff games. Plenty of weeks left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

norv turner sucks:(

• Advertisement

I think what luckylyod meant is is that we are only coming to week 4 plenty of time for teams to turn it around you could be 0-3 at present and turn your season around. Don't forget there were teams with 8-8 and 9-7 records last season who made the wild card or playoff games. Plenty of weeks left.
    thats exactly what i meant.

Detroit wil be 8 - 8 IMHO.

Advertisement