Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Moan: Construction

• 24-09-2007 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

First off HAPPY MONDAY!

Now this morning on the way in to Sandyfor Ind Est there was a tailback much longer then the usual length with traffic piling up for a good few miles and moving at a snails pace. As it turns out once again there was a lane closed because the gob****es were digging up the road for the 542nd time this year. There is also another lane closed on the opposite side as well meaning it's going to be a right whore going home too. The builders use the closed lane not to actually dig up but park their cars on while they work. Makes me the angriest layke in the world really.

Or worse where I live has been a construction pit for over 10 years. I really wish they'd go away.

So is anyone else pissed off with the amount of construction everywhere? I know it's probably nessissary but don't you wish all the construction lorries would just eff off somewhere else and not clog up the traffic or spill dirt everywhere.

Sorry. it's monday and I feel I have a right to have a good old moan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I also want to moan about this. They're building apartments in a school ground next to my apartment so I get woken up by a jackhammer. Then i come in to work and there's construction there too. I just can't get away with it. Why does it take so long to build these ****ing things. My head is wrecked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Sense would dictate that all road works be carried out at night when there is less traffic. But this seems to escape the industry over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I don't mind a building going up here and there, it's just that there's ALWAYS something new to be built, or modified, or the road has to be dug up again and again...etc. I just need a break from this constant crap.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i want to moan about trains. there is a train corssing about half a mile up from my house, the train goes across the road and there a man to open and close the safety gate. i know you are thinking "and" well the gate is closed for 39 mintues out of evey hour during rush hour traffic. it took me 20 mins to get out of my estate never mind the try to get out of the village. It look me an hour and 30 mins. to drive 7 miles this morning :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I love the smell of Tarmac in the morning!

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Sense would dictate that all road works be carried out at night when there is less traffic. But this seems to escape the industry over here.

Have you ever travelled at night? Plenty of times I've seen work being done at night on roads. I assume they're getting it done as soon as possible on places not near houses (i.e. 24 hour work), but wouldn't be able to do it near residential areas due to noise in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

MikeHoncho wrote:

they were doing the road up last night by christcurch and they retarred dame street on weekend nights also.

Advertisement