Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working in waterford

Options
  • 24-09-2007 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi all,
    looking for a bit of help finding work in waterford, particulary in the i.t. sector.
    long story made short..got engaged to a wonderful girl at the start of the year (she lives in waterford), at the same time i got a job with an i.t. firm close to where she lives. the job didnt work out so now i have to find another one.

i have applied to gsk, genzyme and aol. can anyone name any other multi nationals in the area? i specify multis as thats the environment i have spent most of my career.

also can anyone tell me how/where to sign on in dungarvan. its been 3 months now so i said i had better .

thanks for your help.

fp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Did you take a look at the Sun Life website www.sunlife.ie.

I'm oriiginally from South Tipp and I'm keeping an eye open on jobs in the general area with a view to getting out of Dublin sometime. They had a job I was interested in sometime ago (non IT) which I did'nt get but I remember at the time they had a fair srpinkling of IT (mostly software) jobs.

Worth a shot I'd say - and Good Luck with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What type of IT work are you looking for? Most of what you listed is call center work, not very IT related.. everything you have to say is down in front of you.

AOL have Full Time & Part Time facilites available according to their advertisement.

Apparently, RigneyDolphin also have positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

A lot of people I know in the dungarvan area travel to Clonmel to work, theres a couple of multinationals there such as Boston Scientific ? Its a bit further to travel but may be worth considering ?

Advertisement