Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Nuvi 660FM Firmware upgrade v4.10

• 24-09-2007 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Did this firmware upgrade and now the device calls out the names of streets & roads.

Is this an old feature I accidentally tripped on or could this be linked to the firmware update ?

As I thought it could not do this and the change log for the FW does not indicate it.

Also it now seems to handle 8 GB SDHC cards a hell of a lot quicker.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Flying wrote:
    Did this firmware upgrade and now the device calls out the names of streets & roads.

Is this an old feature I accidentally tripped on or could this be linked to the firmware update ?

As I thought it could not do this and the change log for the FW does not indicate it.

Also it now seems to handle 8 GB SDHC cards a hell of a lot quicker.

I have the 600fm . It already has the street name announcements...it only works on some of the voice selections though . ie not all of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

I must have stumbled on it so then :-) British Daniel TTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Yes ..all of them with TTs will announce street names

Advertisement