Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6230i- strange goings on

• 24-09-2007 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I desperately needed a replacement phone for work as my N70 (vodiefone) was being it's usual reliable self and the company wouldn't supply a phone.

My sister was away for the summer and I whipped her O2, 6230i and got an unlock code from the net. It worked but afterwards, when trying to lock the keypad, I accidentally pressed the O2 internet button. Screen turned off. Apparently it happened to a mate of mine aswell, but i need to know if I can do something about this.

The screen doesn't flicker or break up but it goes off and on every few seconds.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

no ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

I'm not sure whether the phone has recovered from this or it just happens when you press the internet shortcut button and it recovers after you boot up phone.

To avoid a recurrence, you can change the shortcut button in the phone settings to something other than the O2 eg contacts/names

If problem persists and phone is less than 2 years old, send to MRPC and have the software updated free of charge. You should send it directly and request the software update to sim free generic software.

If phone is over two years old, any phone repair shop would update to the latest version 3.90 generic software for a fee.

thanks nazoil. the phone has been returned to my sister and it's now being used with it's original O2 SIM and it is less than 2 years old.

is there a way that i could try to update it online, like I've done with my N70? Does the display have to work for me to do this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I dont think this is possible with the 6230i. If it is, it may invalidate the warrenty. And you'd have to fork out for the cable. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

cantdecide wrote:
    thanks nazoil. the phone has been returned to my sister and it's now being used with it's original O2 SIM and it is less than 2 years old.

is there a way that i could try to update it online, like I've done with my N70? Does the display have to work for me to do this?

no it can't be done online.
    Another issue when putting a non O2 sim is if the phone is set under connectivity to maintain a gprs connection. If there is a G on top left hand of screen, may be your trouble. This can easily be set to "connect when needed" so may get rid of the trouble

• Advertisement

for the record,

the phone was sent to the nokia service center where they diagnosed the problem of a blown antenna.

I spoke to my friend again and i confirmed that we had the same problem- unlocking an O2 phone, using a Vodafone Sim and accidentally hitting the internet button instantly caused the screen and backlights to start wigging out.

The antenna was their independant diagnosis even though it sounds unlikely to me....

Advertisement