Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alonso Sogns For Ferrari ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Kind of hard to believe... but in order to fill the 100million dollor hole in the budget it would make sense if Alonsos remaining contract is effectivly bought out by ferrari. Have to say it will make Ferrari very strong in terms of driver line up, good for Hamilton if he gets a driver of lesser abilty along side him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Yes. It will make Ferrari very strong for constructors next year, but as history shows, having two very strong team mates means that they take points from each other, reducing the chance of Ferrari taking the drivers championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I wouldn't get too excited. Their source is the News of the World :rolleyes:

I wouldn't get too excited. Their source is the News of the World :rolleyes:

yeah, I think the rumour seems to revolve around massa having talks with toyota and therefore a seat might become available in ferrari. I find it hard to imagine alonso going to ferrari, but it might be something that would solve mclarens & alonsos problems

Dont think it would solve Alonsos problems as Ferrari would not make him No1. I'd be pretty sure that Kimi would have a cluase in his contract that guarentees him at least equal status in the team.

Also, if I was Ferrari, I would not want Alonso. He is a really fast driver, no doubting, but when things aren't going well with the car, his default is publicly blame the team. It did it at Renault and McLaren. That would not be tolerated by Ferrari or the Tafosi. I think Alonso to Toyota

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

thegoth wrote:
    Dont think it would solve Alonsos problems as Ferrari would not make him No1. I'd be pretty sure that Kimi would have a cluase in his contract that guarentees him at least equal status in the team.

Also, if I was Ferrari, I would not want Alonso. He is a really fast driver, no doubting, but when things aren't going well with the car, his default is publicly blame the team. It did it at Renault and McLaren. That would not be tolerated by Ferrari or the Tafosi. I think Alonso to Toyota

Cant see anyone being stupid enough to put Kimi and Alnso in the same team:D

My prediction is Alonso to Renault, who will be strong again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Sees to be Renault according to f1-live.com, fisi will have to look after this gp2 team me thinks

Nuttzz wrote: »
    Sees to be Renault according to f1-live.com, fisi will have to look after this gp2 team me thinks

quite interesting, really comes down to McLaren, do they want him as an opponent in another team, can they afford to keep him, is it worth keeping an unhappy driver

cant remember exactly, but didn't they keep montoya under contract for a few months after he stopped driving for them, but did eventually release him early from the contract so he could start nascar testing.

there is such big money involved in F1 and such high stakes, its difficult to see McLaren letting him go without a big payment or some sort of deal that will give them some sort of compensation

I would love if McLaren made Alonso their test driver for next year and allow Paffet or De La Rosa race for them. It would serve Alonso right for all his crying an bitching towards the end of last season and all through this.

I think Toyota may be the dark horses here and could break the bank to sign Alonso, otherwise, its Renault for him

Advertisement