Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

65nm chips, when ?

• 24-09-2007 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I sold my XB360 about a year ago after 10 repairs (thread here somewhere) and I thought it would be a good idea to get a PS3 , but it has absolutly no games on it.

I'd like to get another Xbox 360, preferably the Elite but I want to wait for the new hardware revision. Has anyone anything solid regarding the 65nm chip and when MS are changing to to ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Id say 1st they get the stock out of shop at the moment, then introduce the HDMI standard 360s, and id say then the 65, so Id say hopefully just before Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

you cant go from the xbox 360 to the ps3.
    its then when u realise that the ps3 is so bad.
    i had a ps3- i HATED it from day 1- im glad i sold it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

you cant go from the xbox 360 to the ps3.
    its then when u realise that the ps3 is so bad.
    i had a ps3- i HATED it from day 1- im glad i sold it!!!!

He didnt ask that?

Are you the same fanboy who got banned from the PS forum there not too long ago?

So what if you werent happy with the ps3? No one here cares

On topic please.....

:mad:

Damn, I should be a mod....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Microsoft already signed a deal with a manufacturer for the 45nm chips so we should be seeing the 65nm in retail soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

LIGHTNING wrote:
    Well from what I have heard only the CPU will make the transition to 65nm.Apparently its the ATI Xenos GPU which is causing most of the problems and it will stay at 90nm. However all the newly produced 360`s have the much larger and more efficient heat sink on them. I`m not sure when the updated 360 is supposed to be coming out though.

Well if the GPU is staying at 90nm then there isn't much use waiting.

I'll give it a while and wait for the decent Elite deals to surface before I buy one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement