Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9mm rimfire shotguns

Options
  • 24-09-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

On another thread Meathstevie mentioned once owning a 9mm rimfire shotgun. I havnt seen one of these in years. Does anyone still have one? I rember once seeing a revolving version which was basically like a colt peacemaker with a 24 inch barrell and a skelleton stock:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Should add for those who have never encountered them: Rimfire shotgun cartridge called 9mm Flobert (bit like the bb cap being 6mm Flobert), usually found in single shot break barrel. Known generally as a garden gun.

Cal: 9mm Flobert rimfire.

Case Lenght:1.75"

Bore Diameter: 0.354

Ounces: 1/4

Shot: no 6 through no 9

Shot load, Grains: lead 109

Muzzle velocity: 600FPS

Muzzle energy: 87 Fp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The one I had was a bolt action FN, the old man still has it but it hasn't been fired in years. I had great craic with it as a kid shooting rats ( nothing further than 10-15 yards mind you ). I remember getting bullets for it as well, they'd drop just about as quick as stone out of a slingshot:).

If you go to the Anschutz website you'll see that they still make something similar and indeed call it a garden shotgun.. .

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Aye, remember the "slugs" fairly bounced around as I recal:eek: Anyone still stock ammo for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Say no more, you mentioning the bouncing around there... I remember once firing it at an old laminated kitchen cupboard door and the pellets whizzing back past my head....

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

I remember using a Webley & Scott 9mm Flobert in the 80's, my uncle called it a bullfinch gun. Used it on rats. he had 2 W&S's both bolt action, the other was a .410.

• Advertisement
Advertisement