Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP Room needed

• 24-09-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Help i shouldnt have left it this late but i need some accomodation in maynooth for the student year. Im a second male year student and live in Galway and im a clown for leaving it so late i know. Any kind of a room with reasonable rent will do so if anybody khows of any room available PM me. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.
    Desperate homeless student.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Just call the registrars office and get a place on-campus (with all the cool people.WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

*Ahem*

Seriously though you should have no problem getting a place, I mean theres 2 spare rooms in my place alone, and I know a girl staying in a 5 bed room apartment in River, but so far its only her and some other guy who are there.....so i'm sure you'll have no problem getting a room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Just call the registrars office and get a place on-campus (with all the cool people.WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

*Ahem*

Seriously though you should have no problem getting a place, I mean theres 2 spare rooms in my place alone, and I know a girl staying in a 5 bed room apartment in River, but so far its only her and some other guy who are there.....so i'm sure you'll have no problem getting a room.
    There are over 1200 people on the waiting list for campus accomodation in NUIM.
    Please stop stating things as fact, when they are merely your uninformed opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Damn first years eh?

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    There are over 1200 people on the waiting list for campus accomodation in NUIM.
    Please stop stating things as fact, when they are merely your uninformed opinion.

Well then whoevers in charge of the OC accommodation sure sucks at their job, because there are free rooms EVERYWHERE.Hell I don't think i've come across 1 apartment where every room is full, and thats out of a good 10 or 11 apartments.

Edit:Forgive me, I know of 1 (in Moy) thats full....but as I said i've come across many, MANY more that aren't full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Well then whoevers in charge of the OC accommodation sure sucks at their job, because there are free rooms EVERYWHERE.Hell I don't think i've come across 1 apartment where every room is full, and thats out of a good 10 or 11 apartments.

Edit:Forgive me, I know of 1 (in Moy) thats full....but as I said i've come across many, MANY more that aren't full.
    You do realise its still only the second day of college for most people?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You should not make accusations like that. Do you really think that everyone has started college yet? There are no free spaces on campus, until people drop out at the very last minute and those generally number <20. The free rooms EVERYWHERE (sap) simply haven't been occupied by their allocated tenants. Now quit you're patronising you ill informed ****.

Well according to the residence office, the 2 rooms left in our apartment HAVEN'T been rented to anyone.So....

Well according to the residence office, the 2 rooms left in our apartment HAVEN'T been rented to anyone.So....

What annoying first years are told, isn't always the truth. Why? because they will just keep asking questions as to who is moving in, can my best friend move in, can my mum come over and stay sometime if i get lonely etc. There are very few places left. Now shoo you annoying little person.

lordgoat wrote:
    because they will just keep asking questions as to who is moving in, can my best friend move in, can my mum come over and stay sometime if i get lonely etc.
    Think you're confusing my questions with yours there, but whatever.Anyways i'm done arguing this point, I will say however that despite what you say there ARE free rooms currently available on-campus, so roverjoyce you should definitely consider them an option.

Think you're confusing my questions with yours there, but whatever.Anyways i'm done arguing this point, I will say however that despite what you say there ARE free rooms currently available on-campus, so roverjoyce you should definitely consider them an option.

A last word freak as well as an always right freak, you'll be popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's a little late I know, but dont consider them an option. One of your points in the OP was reasonable rent, so thats campus out :D

Advertisement