Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Most Vivid Memories

Options
  • 24-09-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

hey
    i have this nebulous idea for a 'writing collection' and i was hoping you guys might act as my guinea pigs...?
    basically it'd be great if you could pick out one single memory from your life which has stayed with you in vivid detail for whatever reason, and write about it descriptive detail, whether it be funny, tragic, frightening, inspiring, trivial.. .. ..and whether it is your earliest childhood memory or something that happened last week.. .. ..
    it'd be great to give the memory some context but not too much, as part of the appeal ideally would be for the reader to imagine their own context to some degree, based on this brief but descriptive glimpse into someone else's life.. the account should obviously appeal to the senses & be well-written..
    just as an example, if i were to pick one memory, i'd probably go for what i think is my earliest one, involving hallucinating 'cause i was so sick from pneumonia as a child.. i recall distinctly being in bed and 'seeing' my brother flying around the bedroom wall in a little cartoon aeroplane.. the challenge would be to take that memory and write something in the region of 500 words about it..
    so if anyone would like to write something (i think it'd be an interesting thing to do), please don't post it here, email me: gluefoot@topmail.ie
    it'd be cool if u gave yr age, gender and where you're writing from, just for the demographics, and if u like your name just to for me to put a name to the story..
    as i said this is just a pilot for an idea that doesn't even really exist currently so i'll be the only one reading any submissions..
    thanks a million folks,
    ollie

Advertisement