Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Furman on ITTFM 99.5 TONIGHT

Options
  • 24-09-2007 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Simon Furman will be appearing on college radio Dublin ITTFM 99.5 this evening, at about 5pm, on freq 99.5 (and worldwide on live streaming at http://ittfm.it-tallaght.ie/ittfm.asx or http://193.1.120.225/ittfm.asx) so if you have any questions remember to listen to the 'Drive Time' show with Wayne Madden and contact the station at 0851679060.

Simon will most likely be appearing in the first fifteen minutes of the program so tune in quick and dont miss this chance to hear the master discuss things before the convention this weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Anyone catch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Rozie wrote:
    Anyone catch it?

Simon was on for about 10 minutes, chatted with the presenter about his favourite Transformer (Grimlock), how he came to be involved in Transformers, the rumours of another War Within Series, his personal reaction to the movie, his current and future work, his scriptwriting and furman-isms, his participation in the convention this Sat and the fact that Nick Roche will prob now not be making it:( because of family reasons. Then they played the Goo Goo Dolls 'Before Its Too Late' from the Transformers movie soundtrack. Good interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭professor kaos

Couldn't tune station in properly! Is it available as podcast or uploaded anywhere?
    And is anyone going to be recording his talk at the Sub-con this saturday, video or audio?

Sucks about Nick Roche.

What was Furman's reaction to the movie? I get the feeling he's under pressure to not speak fully honestly, about it. As the father of a lot of G1 mythos and someone who worked with those who were even moreso, I think he's probably a little sad that more of the comic material didn't make it into the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I don't know. I meet him after a screening in London and he appeared to be really happy with the movie. It didn't seemed forced atall.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    What was Furman's reaction to the movie? I get the feeling he's under pressure to not speak fully honestly, about it.

He started the answer by saying he was answering on a personal, rather then a professional manner, and then just said he was happy with what they did and said he wasnt aware they had greenlighted a second and third movie

He started the answer by saying he was answering on a personal, rather then a professional manner, and then just said he was happy with what they did and said he wasnt aware they had greenlighted a second and third movie

Hmm. I wouldn't mind if I got a chance to discuss in detail with him at the 'con. I have a lot of ideas for how not to **** up TF2 he might be interested in. Mainly revolving around Grimlock. So he better listen hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Rozie wrote:
    Hmm. I wouldn't mind if I got a chance to discuss in detail with him at the 'con. I have a lot of ideas for how not to **** up TF2 he might be interested in. Mainly revolving around Grimlock. So he better listen hehe.

I wouldn't mind asking him what he would have changed about the movie myself, tbh. I'm sure somebody along the line will be asking for his input in some form for the sequels

Ger_Hankey wrote:
    I wouldn't mind asking him what he would have changed about the movie myself, tbh. I'm sure somebody along the line will be asking for his input in some form for the sequels

He said they were going to bring him on as consultant in the early days but it sort of fell threw.

Early TF movie stuff was quite interesting. Starscream actually looked cool for a start. Then Michael Bay came in...

Hopefully I'll be able to email Simon and talk to him some more...

I have this on cd so Ill try and get a few copies distributed for anyone who wants them in the next few days, the guys in Model Mania said they defo wanted a copy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

no chance of some digital distribution?

no chance of some digital distribution?

I should be able to distribute this digitally in a couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

I spoke to Thundercracker last week and he told me he has found the mini disc with the Furman interview on it and will be posting it online in a few days over Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

1408 wrote: »
    I spoke to Thundercracker last week and he told me he has found the mini disc with the Furman interview on it and will be posting it online in a few days over Easter

better late then never i suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

better late then never i suppose...

Indeed, and I can officially say I now have the tape of the interview, so for those that want it I can assure you it will be up early next week. Apologises for the delay as it was supposed to be up by now but there were one or two technical issues.

Advertisement