Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was it just me or was Freshers Week kinda ****?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

What was the point in your last post?
    The Fillers are a The Killers cover band, I'd hardly be going on about great new bands etc... when they're just cover bands. Stick on a cd, go to a wedding. Make a valid point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

Plus it's, y'know. The Killers. Covered **** is still ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Andrewjdoyle

The people who actually went to it seemed to enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Johnny88

look what i've started
    mwahahaha:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

What was the point in your last post?
    The Fillers are a The Killers cover band, I'd hardly be going on about great new bands etc... when they're just cover bands. Stick on a cd, go to a wedding. Make a valid point.

The point is, you slated something that you didn't go to. Thats a perfectly valid point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Calmdown Peeps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

It just goes back to DIT lacking a decent campus. If we had some sort of venue for this stuff it'd be excellent...

And the judges say...'NO, YOU'RE WRONG!'

I was in DCU for 3 years. A long 3 years at that. They have:
    A big campus,
    Large enough student population,

A stduent centre containing:
    2 Bars (1 now)
    A venue for gigs (the bars are attached to this venue)
    Pool tables upstairs.

Good for a night out? No. Nearly every DCU event was crap. When I started, the bar queues weren't ridiculous and drinks were 3. Now, its about 20 euro to an event, drinks are full price and queues are about 25 minutes long for drink. Usually packed to the brim too... Too much so!

DIT seem to be good at working within their means. I heard the Night-at-the-dogs last week was epic. DCU never did that... Oh no. It was always ANOTHER-****-NIGHT-ON-CAMPUS :eek: The off campus events were good sometimes (rag ball 3 years ago was in Spirit, with Electric 6! Excellent)

Maybe a failing by DIT is advertising? I heard about the halloween ball 2 days beforehand. I didn't hear about the Night-at-the-dogs except off a friend in Bolton Street. Whats the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

sunnyjim wrote: »

Maybe a failing by DIT is advertising? I heard about the halloween ball 2 days beforehand. I didn't hear about the Night-at-the-dogs except off a friend in Bolton Street. Whats the deal?

This is definately true, if you do see the posters that are up to date which most arent and cause clutter then not enough information is ever on them like places to meet or who to contact or anything like that. The amount of posters I see advertising an event and only giving a time and day is terrible, we need to know more like where to meet/ where its on? Do we need tickets? Where to get tickets? Who to contact? etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

Yeah id agree with the above, and also no more fancy dress nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

the freshers week was sh**e just like dit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

shakin wrote: »
    the freshers week was sh**e just like dit!

Um, maybe the suitable response is "yer ma"? :p

Yeah, the advertising in DIT is pretty poor. I know it's been said a million times, but a weekly email like they do in TCD would really be of benefit. Obviously not over-the-top spam, but people aren't going to freak if they get a single email every Monday morning or something. It goes to all the students so no one can complain about not being told.
    Also, while on the topic of emails... some info on what DITSU are doing would be nice. I know the class reps are meant to be the link etc, but I've never heard anything other then something the rep has been specifically told to tell the class.

I don't think DIT events are all bad, my personal annoyance is related to live music and the lack of any real scene. I'd set up a society for it, but I did that in TCD&the time it took really destroyed the academic side of things.

Advertisement