Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior talent points

Options
  • 24-09-2007 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Im relatively new to WOW.
    I have a couple of level 40+s but I have never started a warrior before, just wondering where the best place to sink the talent points is.

Arms fury or Protection

Should also add that i'll be soloing for the most part

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

For leveling and soloing? Generally dual wield fury would be the recomendation, with lots of health regeneration enchants and bonuses.

You'r basiclly an armour plated berzerker. Once you start landing huge amounts of white damage your rage will leap up, letting you spam all your special attacks letting you land more white damage, etc etc etc.

For BG's some people swear by arms though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

What ever you do, do not stay fury at level 70. Also, do not pvp with fury or you will be laughed at. Fury is only good for PvE, and it's only good for PvE when you have very very good gear. You can always tell the level of skill of a fury warrior by his gear, because if he's fury and wearing blues, he's not smart enough to understand that his spec is sub par to anything else in the game for his role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BronX-Bunny

cool, sheers for the info lad, there is just so much depth to this game, is hard to get your head round all permutations.
    Also is it just me or is it a little harder to lvl ^^ with a warrior/paladin compared to say a mage or hunter, any advice?

I've tried leveling a lot of different classes, and I find warrior one of the easiest (besides hunter or shadow priest). Every class and player needs a different aproach, so experiment and see what suits your playing style. Same goes for the talents.

I played a shadow priest up to around 40, and although I admit it was a VERY quick to level and powerfull class, I went back to the warrior because I found it more fun. Dont be afraid to try new classes. You can play up to around 25 and get a pretty good feel for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i am a human warrior lvl 26, and i went with protection because no matter what armour i had equipped i was takign serious damage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BronX-Bunny

Ah, thats what was happening me to Anti, must go unlearn and restart so. Its probably just cos im no0bish, i dont really get that much time to play and the sheer knowledge and skill of other players is a little daunting.

On the plus side, its a class game and i'm learning

if your warrior is still taking loads of damage, regardless of mail/plate then you obviously arn't killing the guy fast enough. Which is a perfect example of someone changing their build to suit they're playing style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Protection spec is mainly designed for pure tanking, in instances etc. However, for tanking in all non-end game instances, it can easily be done in any spec.

For leveling up, I'd recommend arms. It requires you to upgrade your two-handed weapon every 5 levels or so, but thats just the way the warrior class is.

Fury is the end game PvE dps tree, but arms is all about the pvp and people with lesser gear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Also is it just me or is it a little harder to lvl ^^ with a warrior/paladin compared to say a mage or hunter, any advice?
    Paladin is ezmode compared to pretty much any class tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Sure, if by easy mode you mean "seal, judge, seal, alt + tab to forums". I hated leveling my paladin and I tried everything. There is no real sense of getting any more powerful except for your ever expanding arsenal of tools, designed to prevent you from dying.

But ultimately, you are almost as gear depent as a warrior but with none of the truly useful leveling abilities that a warrior as available to him/her.

Hunter is probably the fastest. Then druid, then rogue, then warlock, then mage, then priest, then shaman, then warrior, and finally paladin.

And I have no idea why I bothered typing all that :p

• Advertisement

Dont know what you guys are talking about, I rocketed through the lvl's as a fury warrior. Faster than shadowpriest or rogue.

Was using Brian Kopps guide though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

i leveled pretty fast with my warrior but i always had the best of gear for him, as im leveling my lock now, it seems as though its faster but i think really i just know what to do this time round. the amount of time i wasted arsing about checking what i had to do for a really easy quest was ridiculous with my first char, for example i leveled my lock to 37 and had 10 days played, why? because i messed about in the AH and have 300 tailoring and LW, now ive taken him up again after leveling my warrior up to 70 and am averaging a level every 4 hours. as for protection warrior for leveling omg no dont do that to yourself, if you find a mob the same level as you is almost killing you you simply either have grey gear or are playing your char wrong. you shouldnt be loosing more than 25% of your health on each mob, so in a bad case scenario you should have to bandage/eat food every 3 or 4 mobs.

i find with my warlock however i have extremly low down time, if im low on mana i just use life tap and steal my health into mana or use dark pact and steal my minions mana. i always regen mana fast because of the curse that steals hp and the green chain i shoot out which steals enemy hp ( i forget the names ) therefore i usually rest every 10 mobs or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Enjoy raping faces at level 70 and getting to 1900 rating with little or no effort with your paladin boyfriend. All you need is a mace, and an fist so you can mash mortal strike while your boyfriend mashes flash of light and ocassionally accidentally mashes blessing of freedom, then hey presto. You're a Gladiator.

Seriously, if you're a warrior in a 2v2 team with a paladin, who can't break 1900. You should probably reroll, because it's incredibly easy to get that high regardless of gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 warriorpoetic

As important as your talent tree build is OP don't forget that all the armour and weapons you use should prioritize stat points in strenght, stamina and to a lesser extent agility for a tank but if you want to dps I think you aim for the same amount of each.

The S:S:A ratio is probably something like this:

Tank - 2:2:1
    DPS - 1:1:1

I'm sure there's a perfect ratio if someone who knows better would care to comment?

Advertisement