Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where's the best place to go for Halo 3 midnight launch

• 24-09-2007 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭

Where would be the best place to pick it up. Anywhere doing any freebies? Not long now:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The launch party, get locked, then go tell the ending to all the Halo fans in the queue?

;)

Not that ive really played the campaign!

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I believe official launch is tomorrow night in Gamestop in Stephens Green.
    Richard Dean Anderson is the special guest there.

Its in the Pod on Tuesday night!!!

BLAM!

Shoot the journos!

By any chance did anyone see the Master Chief moping around Stephens green over the weekend? ]

I didnt but my mate sent me a mms pic of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

TmB wrote:
    McGuyver will be there? That's pretty awesome...

No way, Mc Guyver?

Savage, didnt know that was him!

He might make a rope out of a piece of string in GAME to get him out of a halo launch full of nerdboys and transport him (via a stargate) to the nearest place that sells guinness!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fieldog wrote:
    The launch party, get locked, then go tell the ending to all the Halo fans in the queue?

;)

lol
    Master chief defeats the covenant and saves the world... the end...

Dont really wanna know anyway T-Man, ive avoided lookin at all the spoilers, but it doesnt really matter to me anyway, I dont play campaign, might do in this one now that its co-op online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭matchthis

Gamestop Stephen's Green it is. Now... how do we get into the lauch Party? Sleep with Gates..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

TmB wrote:
    I believe official launch is tomorrow night in Gamestop in Stephens Green.
    Where did you get that from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Theres a Gamestop on st stephens green?
    Is it new?

RAIN wrote:
    Theres a Gamestop on st stephens green?
    Is it new?

Think it's on the right when you walk in. Small place so a bit surprised at that. Thought it would have been on Henry/Mary street, but guess it's closest to the pod. So Pre party and head down to Gamestop for Press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fieldog wrote:
    Dont really wanna know anyway T-Man, ive avoided lookin at all the spoilers, but it doesnt really matter to me anyway, I dont play campaign, might do in this one now that its co-op online!
    It was just a wild guess at the most obvious route for the story to take

So anybody got the details of where Richard Dean Anderson is gna be cus i wana go.Is it just queue up and get it or are there wrist bands?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

McGyver (To give him his real name) will only be in Tripod as he is the special guest "hero" launching the game to the press and associated hangers on. You won't get in unless you have an invite.

s8n wrote:
    McGyver (To give him his real name) will only be in Tripod as he is the special guest "hero" launching the game to the press and associated hangers on. You won't get in unless you have an invite.

I heard he was goin into Stephens Green launch aswell, which would make sense as its near the pod itself.....

Its in the old Pod.....

(not Tripod)

Fieldog wrote:
    I heard he was goin into Stephens Green launch aswell, which would make sense as its near the pod itself.....

Its in the old Pod.....

(not Tripod)

It DOES make sense !!!
    Rang the xbox live centre who said he was gna be in the pod.BUT he said he didnt know if he was also going to be in stephens green - surely with all the stuff going on gamestop he will drop up !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Fieldog wrote:

;)

lol

Sweet just landed tickets for the launch party :)

Any left :P.
    Seriously iv tried everything to get a hold of tickets and now i hear from a person in microsoft ireland that he isent confirmed for the party at all !!!! so basicly everyone is in the dark as to where he is gna be at 12.Has he mentioned anything on the radio today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i went into game they were syaing if u pre odreded halo - its 60e if u didnt its 75!!!! thats a joke

• Advertisement

i went into game they were syaing if u pre odreded halo - its 60e if u didnt its 75!!!! thats a joke

Only in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

So what's the deal, do you need to have a pre-order in Gamestop to get one tonight, or can you just show up? Is anywhere else doing a late opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

RAIN wrote:
    Any left :P.
    Seriously iv tried everything to get a hold of tickets and now i hear from a person in microsoft ireland that he isent confirmed for the party at all !!!! so basicly everyone is in the dark as to where he is gna be at 12.Has he mentioned anything on the radio today?

He's confirmed alright, it's just them trying to keep it a surprise. He was touring Dublins sights and bars yesterday.

lafors wrote:
    Sweet just landed tickets for the launch party :)

Ah balls, the guy at the PR company where I got the invite attachment is out of office, must have left early to be there tonight :(
    Crap crap crap.

So what's the deal, do you need to have a pre-order in Gamestop to get one tonight, or can you just show up? Is anywhere else doing a late opening?
    Yeah... I'm in town this evening so I might try and pop along... It will be like the Wii launch all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah... I'm in town this evening so I might try and pop along... It will be like the Wii launch all over again.

We can re-kindle our flame! I'm still in two minds as to what I want to do. I might pop in tomorrow and get both H3 and Skate. Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andrewsqual

And Mcguyver didn't show. There wasn't any free stuff and the DJ was playing rave crap all night. Everybody left a 11:30 to go to St Stephan's Green Shopping Centre to the launch at Gamestop. There is absolutely no denying that the game looks like Halo 2.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

There is absolutely no denying that the game looks like Halo 2.5.
    Just wondering... were you viewing the game on a high-definition display?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think it looks great. Playing on a 32in LCD HD. Only played about 5 minutes, mind.

• Advertisement

And Mcguyver didn't show. There wasn't any free stuff and the DJ was playing rave crap all night. Everybody left a 11:30 to go to St Stephan's Green Shopping Centre to the launch at Gamestop. There is absolutely no denying that the game looks like Halo 2.5.

I was there too, free beer...yay, play halo3....yay, no freebies....boooo, no Macguyver.....booo.

Their TVs were not setup at all. The big ones were terribly bad, the small ones were the samaung booths and colour was setup up badly as usual.

Was laughing at this pic (see below) I took at the event :) RROD!!! ;)

And why were all those ppl queue'ing at stephens green gamestop?
    There was only about 50 people at Game on Dawson st.

thum_6146fa2f1761157.jpg
    thum_6146fa2f181370f.jpg

Advertisement