Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on Westmoreland St?

Options
  • 24-09-2007 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened outside Abrakebabra on Westmoreland St overnight/this morning?

At about 8:30am the area was taped off with Garda tape, 2 Gardai standing watch and the ground covered in black plastic. Presumably violence involving the spilling of blood?

Is it the sad case that a knifing on a major street in the city centre doesn't even make the news anymore?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There has been two incidents like this with all the taped off with Garda tape etc around Fariew over the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I'm sure you probably know this by now, but the Herald said it was an assault by a number of people on one guy.

The Fairview incidents were probably: a woman was sexually assaulted down one of the laneways whilst waiting for a bus last night, and there were shots fired at the weekend in a separate incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

BendiBus wrote:
    Anyone know what happened outside Abrakebabra on Westmoreland St overnight/this morning?

At about 8:30am the area was taped off with Garda tape, 2 Gardai standing watch and the ground covered in black plastic. Presumably violence involving the spilling of blood?

Is it the sad case that a knifing on a major street in the city centre doesn't even make the news anymore?

I worked on the door there a few years ago, and a few other's too.

Now this isn't related to you question, but its not called STABrakebabra for nothing!.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Exit wrote:
    The Fairview incidents were probably: a woman was sexually assaulted down one of the laneways whilst waiting for a bus last night,
    At around 9pm last night half the Gardaí on the northside were combing Fairview Park looking for the culprit. They were also using the air support unit's thermal imaging system. Don't know if they had any success though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Mairt wrote:
    I worked on the door there a few years ago, and a few other's too.

Now this isn't related to you question, but its not called STABrakebabra for nothing!.

I've rarely witnessed violence in Dublin, but the worst I've ever seen was right outside that place, about a year ago after a Dublin GAA match. 7 or 8 guys and girls (in Dublin jerseys) knocking seven shades of sh1t out of eachother, falling onto the pavement/road..

• Advertisement

At around 9pm last night half the Gardaí on the northside were combing St Anne's Park looking for the culprit. They were also using the air support unit's thermal imaging system. Don't know if they had any success though.

Do you mean Fairview park or did they chase him up to St Anne's Park...?

Dub13 wrote:
    Do you mean Fairview park or did they chase him up to St Anne's Park...?
    Oops - of course, Fairview Park! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

At around 9pm last night half the Gardaí on the northside were combing St Anne's Park looking for the culprit. They were also using the air support unit's thermal imaging system. Don't know if they had any success though.

Fairview and Ballybough were crawling with squad cars last night, I counted 7 cars and a van when I was out jogging last night.
    But there was also a fire engine at Portland Row flats so I thought it was a burnt out car or something. Now I know what happened
    I did see the helicopter hovering away allright.

I see you mean Fairview Park.

There were so many Gardaí in the park that it was causing problems for the thermal imaging camera in the chopper as it can't distinguish between Gardaí and civilians!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Just got a message off the gf saying there are Guards everywhere down in the Strand now - apparently a Guard has just been shot :confused: - anyone notice anything on the way to work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I can't get to college this morning, was told the buses weren't going to town, not even attempting to, they were only going as far as the Malahide Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

There were so many Gardaí in the park that it was causing problems for the thermal imaging camera in the chopper as it can't distinguish between Gardaí and civilians!

this is why we need Robocops

or - encase the existing guards in lead....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Said it before, but I'll say it again, it's time to arm the gardai!

This is crazy,3 major 'incident's' within a 1/2 mile all in the last 4/5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

someones got a police scanner and/or flies the garda chopper:D

Advertisement